My digital tvs failed the test in NY area

wxcole

DTVUSA Rookie
I live in Bergen County NJ and have a roof antenna that works well for analog.

I have two TV's with digital tuners but they both failed the recent tests by NY broadcasters NBC and ABC.
Is there something I have to do to make them work?

I have two TV's with digital tuners but they both failed the recent tests by NY broadcasters NBC and ABC.
is there a VCR or DVD r or DVD recorder between it and the antenna if so it does not have a digital tuner and caused the failure, remove the device and try and scan again and see if you get the digital stations for them. also they could be UHF digital and if you have a VHF antenna you will not get them or if you have a UHF antenna and they are VHF on digital. if your antenna is both you would have to turn the UHF side to that station in order to recieve it. VHF antennas can receive off the back and sides where UHF it is hard for them to do. go to TV Fool - Home and put in your address and see which channels will be UHF and which VHF then I can tell you what antenna will work also it will tell how far the transmitters are and how strong.:)

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member

WXCole,
Do you have cable, or do you use the tuners in the TVs to receive over-the-air signals through antenna?

There might have been a problem with the dtv readiness test, I recall reading somewhere that a few of the tests were botched by station engineers causing some customers to fail the dtv test.