My new antenna setup

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I recently relocated from a house in Logan, Utah to a 2nd floor condo in Las Vegas. Last week after playing with several antennas and mounting locations, I got my new OTA setup installed. It's an Eagle Aspen EASDTV2BUHF antenna , no amplifier, clamped to the sill of my balcony with a clamp from Harbor Freight.

IMG298.jpg

The whole setup cost me about $25. Very simple, cheap, and easy, compared to the antenna setup at my old location. That consisted of an Antennas Direct DB2e mounted on the roof, pointing to 2 sets of translators 180 degrees apart, amplified with a RCA TVPRAMP1R Preamplifier and split 5 ways. In my new location, I am getting signal direct from the main transmitters and I only feed one TV, because I get basic Cox cable provided by the HOA here. I need the antenna to use my Mediasonic PVR and also to get several broadcast channels that are not carried by Cox cable.

My TVfool: TV Fool shows I am less than 10 miles from the transmitters here, all line of sight. By the way, the signals are so strong that I pick up channel 2 VHF-lo with the 2bay, an antenna that is only designed for UHF.