Napolitano says System 'did not work in this instance' for Airplane Terror Attack

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Don't know about the rest of you, but anytime a man boards a U.S. plane with explosives.............. I consider it a huge failure. Thankfully no one was harmed, but I hope our Homeland Security Secretary weighs all sides of a problem before coming to any hasty conclusions next time.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano conceded on Monday that an attempted bombing aboard an international flight landing in Detroit constituted a security failure.

Napolitano initially stressed "the system worked" during an interview on CNN this weekend, noting the crew of Flight 253 "took appropriate action" to address the terrorist plot as it unfolded. But her remarks were met with instant criticism, prompting the Homeland Security chief to clarify their meaning during a round of media appearances on Monday morning.
Napolitano: System 'did not work in this instance' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Although i was peeved completely they cut into my viewing of Star Trek: The Next generation in the first five minutes to have NOBama take up a whole hour on Fox(how much attention does this need?! It was already on after Christmas and also on 14News Sunrise this morning), i was happy to see the incident never happened.

I'm getting the idea that Archie Bunker was right on his idea to have EVERYONE have a gun. that way if anyone said 'I'm taking over!' no way it could happen. make all the odds equal on all sides, no chance. lord was he ahead of his time :(

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
... "I'm getting the idea that Archie Bunker was right on his idea to have EVERYONE have a gun. that way if anyone said 'I'm taking over!' no way it could happen. make all the odds equal on all sides, no chance. lord was he ahead of his time." :(
------------------------------------
DTVuser,

We have been watching reruns of All In The Family for a couple months and that show makes more sense to us now than it did when it was first televised. The situations and humor are awesome. Two days ago Gloria shouted at Mike: "Daddy was right, you ARE a bleeding heart liberal" !!!

By the way, regarding your quote from Archie, if you ever fly El Al Airlines you will be scrutinized before you get close to the aircraft, and your meal will be served with real knives and forks, not plastic sporks.
Jim

That was a great episode.

Those other points made sense, too. treat everyone as if they're a potential terrorist. that way no one can cry foul for 'favoritism'. better to be too safe.