NASA Announcement Thursday: New Life Form Discovered

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
From the article: ... "All life on Earth is made of six components: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur." ...

"It's not a lifeform as we know it Captain, it's not 'carbon based' ..." "Bones, what do you think it means?" "I don't know, Jim ... ask Spock". "Spock?" "Captain, as usual, your question is nonsense". {chirp} "Beam me up, Scotty" ... :alien:

I think it's awesome, and it definitely says something to those who think all life was specially created by a sun god. Although those type of people will probably just ignore this discovery, or deny it.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
NASA study of arsenic-based life was fatally flawed

The NASA study of arsenic-based life was fatally flawed, say scientists. - By Carl Zimmer - Slate Magazine

From the article:

... "It would be really cool if such a bug existed," said San Diego State University's Forest Rohwer, a microbiologist who looks for new species of bacteria and viruses in coral reefs. But, he added, "none of the arguments are very convincing on their own." That was about as positive as the critics could get. "This paper should not have been published," said Shelley Copley of the University of Colorado." ...

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
The NASA study of arsenic-based life was fatally flawed, say scientists. - By Carl Zimmer - Slate Magazine

From the article:

... "It would be really cool if such a bug existed," said San Diego State University's Forest Rohwer, a microbiologist who looks for new species of bacteria and viruses in coral reefs. But, he added, "none of the arguments are very convincing on their own." That was about as positive as the critics could get. "This paper should not have been published," said Shelley Copley of the University of Colorado." ...
Sounds like NASA needs to get a new PR department.