Need Antenna Help

BillT

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I switched over to DTV last November. I am using my old GE Amplified (HT24737) Rabbit Ears for now, but I really need a better antenna. The RCA Smart Antenna (ANT2000) sounded good, even tho I read some reviews that some people did not have good luck with it. Well, I tried it and it is worse than my present rabbit ears.

I am trying to find a set of Rabbit Ears that is more powerful than what I am using now. Can anyone suggest a good set that will be more powerful than my present GE?

What I like about Rabbit Ears is that you can move them around if you need to. Many of the other indoor types are not adjustable.

I actually have an outdoor antenna that I can use, but I only want to set it up if it is absolutlely necessary. We have a lightning problem around here.

I am 25 miles away from my TV stations.

Any info would be appreciated.

Bill

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Bill, have you been to tvfool.com to get an approximate distance from tv broadcast towers to your house yet? If not, you may want to give it a try. Most indoor antennas receive DTV signals up to 15 miles (some cases 20) from broadcast towers. So if you've tried two differen't types, you may want to think about using a flat panel, directional type antenna, or connect to your roof mounted antenna.

...I have a set of rabbit ears in one of our bedrooms that work very well with an insignia converter box. The same rabbit ears on my Mistubishi LCD DTV-HDTV in our living room only received half of our local channels. So, I upgraded to the Antennas Direct DB2 (not rabbit ears, but it's located indoors). Long story short, there are tons of variables when it comes to DTV signals.

BillT

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Jay,

I'm about 25 miles from the broadcast towers. The outdoor antenna that I have, that I mentioned above, is a Antenna Direct C2. I am using it now indoors, but it's not quite as good as my GE Rabbit Ears (Can't try it in the attic, as I don't have one).

I'm guessing that my GE HT24737 is a pretty good one, but I'm hoping to find a more powerful set.

Bill