Netflix and kids

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have to say I honestly love netflix and there kid section! LOL it keeps my two kids glued to it while I do what I have to do. :p
As far as the shows for adults, I seem to be very very picky lol. But I have to say that have a pretty good selection. When it comes to pregnant women and there ever changing moods. LOL

Netflix adult selections are dwindling there is no question. They keep removing the only title worth watching (the Bond films...) and do not replace them with anything. The kids section is by far the best feature, and the only streaming service that offers such a variety and easy to use menu for all ages. The only complaint would be how easy it is for someone to switch over the the full catalog, on Wii you literally just point-and-click. There needs to be a password feature or someway to make it so the kids cannot watch explicit shows and movies. But the fact they have a seperate kids section still puts Netflix far ahead of the competitition for the younger audience.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Ya I actually have to get out of the adult section of it just to get into the kid section. Unless its in movies recently watched. But my kids are way to young to navigate it just yet. My daughter is 5 and my son is 2. I am due with another son June 4th.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Problems with Netflix for adults????

Okay, on the Roku there are no separate accounts for kids, all one account / user. Sooo, all the recommendations I get are for the kids shows!

@MrPogi,
My main issue with the Netflix recommendations is that it remembers what my teenager watches!!! Some of that isn't suitable for the younger boys, so we keep a "Parent in the loop" for the young ones!

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
There are definitely some nice things for the while family to watch :) I'd rather not leave my kids alone with Netflix, there are adult materials that would be to accessible. But with me or with my wife, at least under our surveillance somewhere nearby, my kids watch it quite often

RockU

DTVUSA Member
I have to say I honestly love netflix and there kid section! LOL it keeps my two kids glued to it while I do what I have to do. :p
As far as the shows for adults, I seem to be very very picky lol. But I have to say that have a pretty good selection. When it comes to pregnant women and there ever changing moods. LOL
Never leave your kids alone with the TV. You do not know if they might blow it up after you left them to it. If you have kids watching Netflix, or any other devices, make sure you log out of your account or they may buy whatever they like on Netflix.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I know, I am normally in the same room with them as they watch there cartoons. If I have to do something on the other side of the house I normally send them upstairs to there room to play. They are only in the living room with the netflix if I am in there.