Netflix and the movie The Host

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Ok I have read the book "The Host", that the movie is based off of. But the movie is labeled in the romantic section of the movies. Now how is the movie a romance movie? If you have read the book, its no romance book.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
I read the book, too, and well, we all know the author - she just couldn't resist from putting in some unnecessary romance so that people would buy it. Square that and the outcome will be the movie. They put romance into everything now so that it sells better, especially that they can go with 'another movie from the author of Twilight' etc. I haven't seen the movie yet and I don't know if I will but that's how it usually works...

Last edited:

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I haven't seen the movie either. I am actually debating even watching it. I mean I love the books better than the movies they actually make. I mean twilight wasn't a bad movie series one bit, but the books are so much better. Which makes me wonder if I should even watch the movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" when it comes out next V-day. Because the book series was actually really good. I just don't want to be disappointed.... lol