Netflix editing Twilight Zone

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Holy Cow, Netflix is streaming edited versions of the classic Twilight Zone TV series.

Last night I was watching one of my favorite episodes from the series, "The Brain Center at Whipple's" (from season 5) and found that one of the key scenes is missing. The scene in question starts at around the 10:30 mark and has to do with heartless Mr. Whipple shooting the plant foreman. Well, they don't show Whipple shooting the plant foreman! WTF! I checked out the same episode at Hulu (free version) and they show the episode uncut.

Back to Netflix and looking over the time lengths of each Twilight Zone episode, most are listed as 25 minutes but some are listed as 24 minutes so apparently "The Brain Center at Whipple's" isn't the only one edited. I'd assume they get their copies from DVD and I assume the DVD wouldn't have a key scene such as that edited out so I wonder why Netflix would do that. It really knocks my respect for Netflix down a notch or two. Wonder how many other shows Netflix is butchering?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0
M Comcast 0
J Comcast 0