Staff member
View attachment 3221

Netflix streaming members today started recieving this notice via email:

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 100%"]

[TD="align: center"]

[/TD]

[TD="align: center"][/TD]

[/TABLE]
In order to continue adding more movies and TV shows, we are increasing our price from $7.99 to $8.99 for new members. As a thank you for being a member of Netflix already, we guarantee that your plan and price will not change for two years.

You can review your membership details at any time by visiting Your Account. As always, if you have questions, we are happy to answer them. Please call us at any time at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team

Netflix lost about 800,000 customers 3 years ago when it last increased prices, causing Netflix's stock to plunge by 80 percent in the following year. Netflix is hoping to avoid a similar exodus this time by delaying the price increase for 2 years.

New customers can sign up for a new service option at the old price. Netflix new $8 per month plan will be standard-definition and limit viewership to just one screen. Netflix has also announced that international customers will see their monthly subscription fee rise by about US $1.

Do you feel the new price is reasonable, or will you cancel or downgrade your streaming plan? Or will you try something else, like Redbox Streaming or Amazon Prime?

I would definitely be inclined to switch to Amazon Prime, with the new price increases and limitations. There's a lot of overlap with Netflix in movies and TV shows and the originals/exclusives are of far greater quality (though I seem to be in a minority with that opinion). I currently share Netflix with another household so it's always worth keeping around, but I'm typically underwhelmed by what I can see/gain from the service compared to other subscriptions. Amazon Prime has far more benefits attached!