Netflix Instant Queue is gone??

U

Unregistered

Has anyone else had their Instant Queue removed and replaced with the "Your List" feature?? I have completely lost the ability to manage my queue now.

Why did Netflix remove the queue feature? Is this temporary?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Netflix is p*ssing off a lot of people with this experiment https://getsatisfaction.com/netflix/topics/intat_queue . Random people are getting this rammed down their throats, and they don't like it (neither do I, I want CONTROL!)

Peter Mucha, Philly.com
Posted: Monday, June 3, 2013, 11:59 AM Are you a Netflix guinea pig?
I am. And so are thousands of other subscribers of its streaming service, probably many thousands.
Basically, a few months ago, without warning, Netflix took away a customizable feature called the Instant Queue, and replaced it with a "list" that's hardly customizable at all.
"HATE HATE HATE that you have taken away my Queue..... I HATE the new set up," SharonF posted on a Netflix message board three months ago.

"The new queue sucks. I want my Instant Queue put back immediately!" HughB repeated 16 times a dozen days ago."
About a hundred other commenters expressed similar displeasure, with almost no one happy about the change.
Full story: Are you a Netflix guinea pig?

Netflix says anyone unhappy with the changes can call customer service at 1-800-585-7265 and request to have the Instant Queue back.

AG99

DTVUSA Member
I bought a month of Netflix streaming for a trip I took recently. It was the first time I'd used their streaming service in at least a year. I didn't find the "List" thing to be any problem. Don't you just select whatever you want to watch from a list anyway? What does a queue do for you?

I haven't seen this change in the instant queue yet on our Netflix service. We've had the service since it first came out though (the streaming), so not sure if that plays any role in things or not.
We also primarily watch it through our DVR that is connected to WiFi. Secondary viewing options are typically on the smart phone. Biggest impact on my queue though is the teenage daughter's previous selections!!!

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
You can actually change the "My List" page into two different views. If you look on the right side of the "My List" page, you should see either "Change order to Manual" (which will give you the old queue-style list) or "Change order to Netflix suggests" (which will give you the newer style). <br><br>I like being able to put the shows I'm currently watching, or movies I want to see the most, at the top, so I have it set to manual. <br><br>

MrPogi

Staff member
Netflix really needs to get busy and make multiple user profiles available to Roku owners.

A standalone "Netflix for Kids" and possibly password protection for regular Netflix access would be great for parents.

I feel that "My List" is supposed to combat those times where you think "Oh, I should really watch this movie because it's a classic" and you end up never watching it or just choose the lighter comedy instead. Netflix has been really good at knowing my viewing habits so I really don't mind it so much.

MrPogi

Staff member
Netflix has been really good at knowing my viewing habits so I really don't mind it so much.
Netflix doesn't have a clue about MY viewing habits, but it really has a good understanding of my KIDS viewing habits, since they use it all the time and the Roku app for Netflix does not support multiple users. My Queue is essential for tracking my shows - I use the "Instant Watch Browser" app for Roku to add movies to my queue. Almost everything the Netflix channel shows me is for kids.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Well our habits must look really strange to them. If they were to only pay attention to the name on the profile. Considering I am the only one on the profile. Because one minute the habit is something nice, then turns to something destructive or violent the next time something is played.... Which when I think about it, I can't help but laugh.... LOL

Netflix doesn't have a clue about MY viewing habits, but it really has a good understanding of my KIDS viewing habits, since they use it all the time and the Roku app for Netflix does not support multiple users. My Queue is essential for tracking my shows - I use the "Instant Watch Browser" app for Roku to add movies to my queue. Almost everything the Netflix channel shows me is for kids.
Oh god, I didn't know Roku didn't support multiple users. Multiple users is the only reason using Netflix is tolerable nowadays, especially since it's being used in my family across five different devices.

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Ok, what is the difference from the "list" and the queue?I have netflix but I seem to not know what either one actually is.... >.<
The difference is that the feature was renamed from "Instant Queue" to "My List" several months ago. The word queue is no longer used for instant.

"My List" is the first row that is shown to you on the wesbite and on every device I've seen. It's pretty hard to miss. There is also an "add to my list" button on every single movie or series description. You can also get to it by going to http://www.netflix.com/MyList

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Netflix also doesn't have a clue when it comes to our (my family's) viewing habits. I personally have very eclectic tastes just by myself, and with two other people sharing the account, and the fact I don't bother rating anything (since it's a shared account) the "suggestions" are worthless.