Netflix raising prices again = I will boycott

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Netflix is rumored to be raising prices again. They claim that only new members will be affected at first, and current subscribers will be grandfathered in for a "generous period," but I'm not buying it.

This price raise is directly related to their paying off ISPs - companies that I don't even use and choose not to do business with. It helps undermine net neutrality and take away my rights. It is spitting in the face of the loyal customers who made their company a success.

I am extremely disappointed with this move, and I WILL cancel my plans if they go through with it. Netflix is no longer the only company offering this service. They are making another huge mistake, and it will not be one they recover from.

Netflix plans price hike for its subscriptions [Updated] | Ars Technica

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Story update:
Update: Comcast has responded to Netflix claiming that the opinions in the shareholder letter are not based in fact:

Netflix's opposition to our Time Warner Cable transaction is based on inaccurate claims and arguments. There has been no company that has had a stronger commitment to openness of the Internet than Comcast and we are the only ISP in the country that is currently legally bound by the FCC’s vacated net neutrality rules. In fact, one of the many benefits of our proposed transaction with Time Warner Cable will be the extension of Net Neutrality protections to millions of additional Americans.

Wow, what a bunch of doublespeak horseshit. They are legally bound to those rules as part of their agreement with the FCC allowing them to acquire with NBC/Universal. And nice of them to add the little plug for their next step towards monopolizing the industry.

MrPogi

Staff member
...and I will probably keep Netflix until some other content provider comes along that offers a better value for the dollar.

MrPogi

Staff member
I'm willing to pay 1-2 dollars more dosent really bother me my xbox subscription is 10 so yea same difference
What I don't like about Netflix on xbox - you need to pay for a subscription (xbox live) in order to use a subscription (Netflix).

JLilly91

DTVUSA Jr. Member
That is crazy! I pay enough just to watch shows/movies on netflix a month already. I definitely will cancel my account if they actually raise their price. Everybody is raising prices now-a-days because they know that they can.

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
What I don't like about Netflix on xbox - you need to pay for a subscription (xbox live) in order to use a subscription (Netflix).
Actually, I just read where they are changing this. You will no longer need an XBox Live Subscription to view things like Netflix, and when they make the change they will offer pro-rated refunds for those current subscribers who want to cancel.

MrPogi

Staff member
Actually, I just read where they are changing this. You will no longer need an XBox Live Subscription to view things like Netflix, and when they make the change they will offer pro-rated refunds for those current subscribers who want to cancel.
Yes, thats true. Also, they are releasing an Xbox version for $399 without Kinect.