Netflix to get Disney films ...

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Curse you, Scalabis. You beat me to it...

Details are, new releases will be forthcoming in 2016, but some of the older Disney will be released "immediately". I don't know when "immediately" starts in Disney/Netflix terms, but I'll look for new movies starting tonight.

My kids will be pleased. Very pleased.

MrPogi

Staff member
So, apparently, Netflix has a different definition of "immediately" than Websters dictionary. No new Disney flicks as of 3 pm today.

If anyone knows when Netflix's version of "immediately" starts, please share.

After the fight they had with Starz, i think this is a good sign.

These days Disney seems to be buying everything.

Maybe Netflix becomes property of Disney (or Apple).

And that doesnt have to be bad for Netflix customers ... :)

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Curse you, Scalabis. You beat me to it...

Details are, new releases will be forthcoming in 2016, but some of the older Disney will be released "immediately". I don't know when "immediately" starts in Disney/Netflix terms, but I'll look for new movies starting tonight.

My kids will be pleased. Very pleased.
Yea, it's a bit confusing. The link says it'll start in 2016, MrPogi read somewhere that the older Disney shows will be on Netflix immediately, and just to add to the confusion this site says the Disney classics will start on Netflix next year.

No price hikes from Netflix- MSN Money

I tell ya' stuff like this can make a fellow's head spin.
Pogi, if you get a chance, can you cite where you saw that? We'll need to add it to DTVUSA's news article! I'm guessing the MSN link that Tim cited is good enough, but they don't really name the source about the classic movies being added next year. The Reuters article is the main breaking story from which others have grabbed info from. hmm.

MrPogi

Staff member
and the rest of the paragraph...
"...In a separate contract, Netflix also signed a "multi-year" deal to stream classic Disney movies including "Dumbo," "Pocahontas" and "Alice in Wonderland." Those movies will be available for streaming starting Tuesday."

MrPogi

Staff member
Yep, "Instant Watch Browser" Roku App confirms over 50 new Disney, and we watched "Pocahontas" last night. Those of you with streaming devices won't see all of them - you may need to go to the web to find them all and add them to your queue.

I hope they keep adding a few at a time. My kids can devour 50+ movies for breakfast.