Networks... Rip

Ok I'm a LITTLE slow sometimes on the draw but I just noticed the statements mad by FOX and CBS about becoming "cable only" channels when the Aero ruling started.....so I went back to the beginning to see what the much BRUAH was all about and discovered what Aero has to say about "the customer had the right to receive over the air signals via an antenne....it was congressionally sealed that broadcasters had that right and so did the american people NOT ONCE mentioning the fact thta they we're SELLING a service....

I SAY....SA LA VI............get um GONE.......the Networks don't have anything to offer,,,,,with their shitty programming and blotched attempted to be something they are more than what they are.........(have U SEEN DAYTIME PROGRAMMING these days....I don't even know why ABC even broadcast before 5 in the afternoon.......they, I think WANT to fall........and maybe when they do....someone wll realize the millions of advertising dollars they are missing...............I want an INDEPENDENT MARKET .....one full of great sub channels .......I think they have a better idea of what's going on these days...............just because we're antenna doesn't mean we don't want something different or specialized......

DOWN WITH THE NETWORKS.........OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
You don't think it's unfair to the slightest degree that Aereo is taking someone else's content and redistributing it over the internet? For a profit?

NO that's actually my point above, maybe I didn't word it clear....but yeah that's kinda the point...that although I think Aero is SINNER though the biggest SINNER is the Networks.....with bad programming and horrible decisions......I say it's time we kill them off TOO/....

You don't think it's unfair to the slightest degree that Aereo is taking someone else's content and redistributing it over the internet? For a profit?
How does fairness even relate to the question? It's the free market. They're competing for your dollars. By definition. there will be winners and losers.

It's a hellova lot fairer than our progressive tax system, where the 10% who work the hardest pay the freight for everyone else! No rational person thinks that's fair, yet most people want a bigger pound of flesh from those evil rich folk.

The only question is whether it's legal. Is selling an antenna illegal? The only reason anyone EVER buys an antenna is to get content. So far, the courts have sided with the antenna sellers. They are also siding with Aereo.

Rick

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Mr. Wilson,

Most daytime programming isn't network, it's syndicated programming. It is purchased piecemeal by different stations, and they purchase it based on ratings. If you don't like something, blame the people who watch the stuff!!! If I'm home days (once a year), I watch MeTV, Antenna TV, Bounce, or THIS.