New California Law could limit HDTV choices

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I've been trying to follow this. I've never found an easy to communicate my displeasure. It's absolutely a stupid, stupid, and did I say, stupid bill.

TVTom51

DTVUSA Member
Leave it to California to impose something like this. Notice how they're aiming at the retail level for imposing this law. Not at the manufacture level. The retail level is probably an easier fight if this bill gets pushed through.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
You do realize that TV are being made that use less and less power as we speak so I'm pretty sure this will actually be a non issue. Also think about it this way, the less power we use the less need for building more power plants. Guess who pays for those?

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Notice how they're aiming at the retail level for imposing this law. Not at the manufacture level.
They don't manufacture televisions in California.

You do realize that TV are being made that use less and less power as we speak so I'm pretty sure this will actually be a non issue.
Moreover, the intention is to prompt manufacturers to innovate HDTVs that consume less power, just like California prompted automakers (cars are also not made in California) to innovate more fuel efficient vehicles.

Our own personal desire for a television shouldn't trump rational logic. We all have a responsibility to our planet and to the strength of our economy, and both are harmed by power hogs.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
The problem retailers face is that we'll just purchase TVs out of state or online. Retailers in the state stand to lose a small fortune over this. When my 50 incher goes, I want another 50 incher, and if I have to get it online, I will.