New Netflix DVD releases for Dec 31st

James

DTVUSA Member
Sweetwater A pioneer woman is forced to fight for what's hers when her husband disappears and a calculating preacher makes a play for her land. With support from an offbeat sheriff, she sets out on a path of vengeance.

Wolverine Enigmatic superhero Wolverine travels to the Land of the Rising Sun in this kaleidoscopic battle epic based on the Marvel Comics character. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his limits, Logan confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality; an epic fight that will leave him forever changed.

Hell Baby In this horror spoof, an expectant couple moves into their new home, only to learn that it comes with a deadly demonic curse. With the body count rising quickly, the Vatican's elite exorcism team is on the case.

CBGB Renewing the legend of one of New York's most storied nightclubs, this raucous drama features the punk and rock legends who made CBGB famous. While the club's owner had hoped to open CBGB as a country venue, it soon became something quite different.

Last Love A widowed professor living alone in Paris sees no meaningful future for himself until he meets a free-spirited young dance instructor. From their first meeting, each instinctively provides what the other so desperately needs: someone to call family.

When Calls the Heart Leaving her father (Peter Coyote) behind in Toronto, plucky schoolteacher Elizabeth Thatcher (Maggie Grace) takes her chances shaping young minds on the sparsely populated Alberta prairie. She prepared for hardship and adventure, but she never expected to find love. Director Michael Landon Jr. also penned the script to this sweeping drama based on the novel by Janette Oke. Stephen Amell co-stars.

Love, Marilyn A diverse group of actresses read from Marilyn Monroe's recently discovered diaries and personal papers in this intimate portrait that examines the luminous star's life and legend through her own words.

Unfortunately, we lost about 90 or more movie titles with the end of year on Netflix as well. Some of the ones that I'll miss are:
Braveheart, In the Name of the Father, Half-Baked, Top Gun, War Games, and Born on the Fourth of July.
I know its mostly to deal with how the company licenses content, etc, but still a bummer. It was nice to see Wolverine get added to the site finally. I'll be interested in seeing what other original content is added this year. I think we watched Orange is the New Black in about 2 days (the entire season).

James

DTVUSA Member
I liked In The Name Of The Father. I watched it a couple of times over the years. I am not a movie buyer. For some reason I do not desire a rack of DVDs at my fingertips. No desire to collect to own. I just don't have the room even if I wanted to. I do own some...more classics than the current flicks. We bought some when our kids were young and at home.

Yeah, we come and go on whether or not we buy a DVD or just the electronic copy of a movie anymore. I went through a phase where I converted all of the movies that we had without DRM to MP4 or MP2 simply to get rid of the discs! Of course, I say that and we still have all of the VHS tapes that our teenager watched as a kid for the youngest :)
I totally forgot about In The Name of the Father. Love that movie as well.