New Sony HDTVs are THIN

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
I guess Sony's new XBR10 series TVs aren't even OLED technology but they're darn thin looking to me.

Sony XBR10 brings wireless 1080p to US | Electronista

The XBR10 also has most of Sony's better features, such as an LED-backlight panel (albeit edge-lit and not local) that produces a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and 240Hz refresh rates. An Ethernet connection provides free and paid videos from Amazon VOD, Netflix and YouTube as well as Internet radio and Slacker music streams. Sony as always supports DLNA media sharing on the local network and Yahoo widgets for basic Internet information as well as Twitter feeds.

The BRAVIA update ships in October with 46-inch and 52-inch versions that have corresponding prices of $4,500 and $5,000.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
I think a major part of the increased cost is from the av hub that wirelessly distributes the av connections to the TV.
Yeah, not sure why they didn't make that an option on the XBR10's. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have if you're really concerned about hanging the TV up on a wall and don't want a lot of cords hanging all over the place, but if you're putting it on a stand, why pay for wireless if you don't need it.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
Yeah, not sure why they didn't make that an option on the XBR10's. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have if you're really concerned about hanging the TV up on a wall and don't want a lot of cords hanging all over the place, but if you're putting it on a stand, why pay for wireless if you don't need it.
That is true.