new tv new problems

I live about 26 miles from tv stations that are all located in the same area 50-60 ENE from my home.
I have 3 existing tv's that receive all the channels with good reception. I recently bought a 19" sanyo tv and installed it on a working antenna connection, and it only receives certain channels, and oddly receives a channel that I never heard of that is approx 120 miles from my home. I have programed and re-programed the new tv, turned the outdoor antenna, turned the amp off, turned it back on, only to get the same channels. The channels I do get on the new set show a power level on the tv of a 100%. Any suggestions?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: crotonoil,

For us to help you, we need to know your relative location to the transmitters you are receiving. Please go to TV Fool and fill in your details including the current height of your antenna. Then, post the resulting antenna survey results (URL) here. That website will automatically conceal your personal information.

This will tell us 'theoretical' signal strength levels you are receiving on most of your TV sets ... but we also need to know the stations you regularly receive, those you cannot receive on your new TV and the new 'distant station' you are now receiving. Your antenna model/type would help as well. We're looking forward to your next post.

Jim

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Also, make sure your new TV is set to "Air" or "Antenna" rather than "Cable." If the TV is set to "Cable" it won't scan for channels in the normal UHF channel frequency range.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Also, make sure your new TV is set to "Air" or "Antenna" rather than "Cable." If the TV is set to "Cable" it won't scan for channels in the normal UHF channel frequency range.
In the "old analog days" of cable TV, many systems would leak RF, allowing some people to get "free" basic cable OTA. This could be related.