Newbie looking for advice

You have some very strong signals coming from two basic directions, and a mix of high VHF, and UHF signals from both directions. Reliable reception of the channels in red is very unlikely to happen. What I would recommend based upon the approximate TV fool report provided is two high VHF/UHF antennas one pointed at 3 degrees, and the other at 110 degrees. I normaly do not recommend combining two like band antennas pointed seperate directions. It's generally impossible to predict what will happen when you try to combine two like band antennas. While it is most generally plagued with problems with strong signals it can sometimes works fine. It's an experiment. Run two seperate coax runs from the antennas so you can change to a switched antenna system if it doesn't work. A switched antenna system or rotor will work. I would expect to receive all signals down to WZZM maybe more.
You could start with a single antenna and experiment with aiming.
Keep in mind 4 of the major network channels with good signals in your area are high VHF.
The antennas that come to mind for your location are the Stellar Labs 30-2240 or RCA ANT751.
Stellar Labs VHF/UHF HDTV 60 Mile Fringe Yagi Antenna | 30-2440 (302440) | Stellar Labs
Amazon.com: RCA ANT751 Durable Compact Outdoor Antenna: Electronics
Your signal are so strong you could try an omni they receive equally poorly in all directions. I don't recommend it I've spent two years offering advice on what to do when an omni didn't work.
Avoid amplifiers the strong signals in your area could cause overload.

Steve

Jimmyjon

DTVUSA Rookie
I actually made one of those coat hanger antennas and got 12 channels in the house not sure exactly which ones they were but very surprised it worked that good.

I have been looking at that ant751 antenna for a while and lots of good reviews on it I may give it a go in the attic and see what it picks, up now that you have deciphered the directions I need to point it to.

If I try just one antenna for starters what degree do you recommend for starters? 3 or 110?

I would suggest aiming toward 110 degrees as that should get you most of the major networks. If you don't have too much local blockage. Trees, or buildings in the way.
Steve

Standard RG 6 coax. In most installations Quad shield is of no real benefit. Keep coax runs as short, and straight as possible. Check cables for continuity, and shorts with an ohm meter or low voltage continuity tester before installation. You are not testing for a resistance value just basic continuity of the coax with nothing connected. Some baluns, splitters or antennas will show as a short at DC.
I can't make a brand recommendation on splitters. I have often referenced this page to explain splitter loss.
How Much Signal Do I Lose Going Through A Splitter? – Support
Always start with one coax to one TV work out aiming, placement, and reception problems before you start into slice, dice, and try to run the signal here, there, and everywhere.

Steve