Next Game System

What do you think the next game system should be able to do? I mean the systems we have now do just about everything entertainment wise. What are you thoughts on the matter.:)

I think the next gaming system would be like a Jack of all trades when it comes to audio visual entertainment, in other words they will be more capable than Personal Computers. I mean we can already surf the internet using the PS3 I'm sure they will be taken to the next level possible.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I'd like to see the Wii go full 1080p. I know they were aiming for a different demographic this time around, but they set the bar too low.

andrew25

DTVUSA Member
I think the next gaming system would be more of a virtual one and we are already seeing the gaming systems evolving to those trends. I had also met a number of game developers who assured me that the gaming world would be more of virtual reality in future.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
I can't even begin to imagine what the next game system will be able to do. It's amazing at how much the current systems can do...I don't know maybe make them more like computers through the tv maybe? I have no idea lol.

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Using a GUI that's fully user-built. I saw a menu for the Xbox360 someone brought in the gaming room at CaliFUR, and I asked, why doesn't it have your fursona on the menu? You got art all over the controllers and the case, so he should have it. He said it "...won't let me put tails, claws or ears on him in the menu, tattoos don't cut it. I wish it would let me use my guy and his house I made for SecondLife."

The next system should let someone with the right knowledge build their own GUI onto it. That way it has a more personal touch to the system.

Another idea that can be put in, was used in the Dreamcast, someway: Bluetooth/Wifi linking to cellphones to make part of the game portable. Rack up special points by playing some mini in-games during a long trip, breaks, or long lunches.

tortver

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I would think that technology would be pointing to a completely virtual reality system, but that would either mean holographic technology or something not tied to a TV at all. I don't think manufacturers would be too happy with that...

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
I would think that technology would be pointing to a completely virtual reality system, but that would either mean holographic technology or something not tied to a TV at all. I don't think manufacturers would be too happy with that...
You mean like a comeback of the "Virtual Boy" game system? It was like a 3D version of the Game Boy system.

Here's the emulator if you miss that one already: The Emulator Zone - Virtual Boy And a comprehensive site for it: Planet Virtual Boy Due to low sales of the platform (since all you see is sickly black and red), ROMs are extremely hard to find.

A color version would be great. I think great quality 640x480 30fps TFT goggles can be made inexpensively now, as compared to costing thousands (for 320x240 15fps only in passive matrix) just a decade ago.

tortver

DTVUSA Jr. Member
You mean like a comeback of the "Virtual Boy" game system? It was like a 3D version of the Game Boy system.

Here's the emulator if you miss that one already: The Emulator Zone - Virtual Boy And a comprehensive site for it: Planet Virtual Boy Due to low sales of the platform (since all you see is sickly black and red), ROMs are extremely hard to find.

A color version would be great. I think great quality 640x480 30fps TFT goggles can be made inexpensively now, as compared to costing thousands (for 320x240 15fps only in passive matrix) just a decade ago.
Yeah, that would be great! I would think that if they did this, too, they would need to focus more on user movements as well, rather than just a standard controller.

PS. some of the Virtual Boy videos are pretty...uh...interesting...

CptlA

DTVUSA Member

Nice dude!