'Night Stalker' Richard Ramirez dies at 53

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I must admit that I watch a lot of reality crime shows. TV is full of them. TruTV, A&E, The Biography Channel, The History Channel, and ID Investigative Discovery are just a few of the cable networks that offer a slew of programs that take the viewer through all angles of crime stories. The problem in recent times for me is that all of these channels are recycling the some gruesome stories in supposedly new programs. Why is this news today?

View attachment 2409 Well, this morning it was announced that Richard Rameriz has passed away of natural causes at the young age of 53. Rameriz may be better known to TV viewers and book readers as The Night Stalker. It was the nickname he earned as he murdered at least 13 people in California for which he was convicted in 1989. In addition, his conviction included five attempted murders, 11 sexual assaults, and 14 burglaries. He was captured by angry citizens who recognized him from his distinctive eyes in August 1985. Since his conviction, he has been on Death Row. He was taken to Marin General Hospital where he subsequently died. No other information on his death has been released as of this writing.

The Night Stalker case has been fodder for just about every crime TV show, including Biography, Born to Kill, The New Detectives, and Blood, Lies & Alibis. Movies have included Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker, the 1989 TV event starring Richard Jordan and A Martinez. Books have been written in abundance, such as 1984's The Night Stalker by Clifford L. Linedecker and The Night Stalker: The Life and Crimes Of Richard Ramirez by Philip Carlo.

No doubt Rameriz' death is about to set off another round of recycled and/or updated crime show stories. Perhaps at last it will be the killer's last minutes of sadistic fame.

Attachments

G

He murdered a couple 8 blocks from us when i was a kid. Our neighborhood was in lockdown panic for months- police helicopters every night. Blew me away how many fked up women had crushes on him during his court proceedings. I hope he is suffering an eternity of the agony he inflicted .

burn in hell richard.