No Flat Panels To Buy

Okay for the past two weeks I've tried to purchase another Plasma TV only to find there aren't any between 30 - 47" available. Yes that's correct I've checked over a fifty mile area to find no one has any to sell. Shelves has demos and not a single new in the box unit anywhere. What is going on here. Are you telling me its just a simple coincidence that Best buy, Walmart, KMart, Target, Sears, Sams Club and so on simply over looked the fact that they didn't have any stock to sell? I must suspect something else entirely but what? What on earth would cause every single TV distributor over a 50 plus mile area to simply not restock their shelves. Please let me know what you know and what you think about this. I even checked further to find it is much more wide spread then the 50 miles or so it seems to be almost through out the entire United States so what is UP! I tend to think this is a very serious issue and yet to find a single article online or otherwise that has covered it!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Okay for the past two weeks I've tried to purchase another Plasma TV only to find there aren't any between 30 - 47" available. Yes that's correct I've checked over a fifty mile area to find no one has any to sell. Shelves has demos and not a single new in the box unit anywhere. What is going on here. Are you telling me its just a simple coincidence that Best buy, Walmart, KMart, Target, Sears, Sams Club and so on simply over looked the fact that they didn't have any stock to sell? I must suspect something else entirely but what? What on earth would cause every single TV distributor over a 50 plus mile area to simply not restock their shelves. Please let me know what you know and what you think about this. I even checked further to find it is much more wide spread then the 50 miles or so it seems to be almost through out the entire United States so what is UP! I tend to think this is a very serious issue and yet to find a single article online or otherwise that has covered it!
Wow. What state are you in? You can always order online from Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.

and they say there's a recession going on... :rolleyes: Just like the converter boxes going out of stock, now stores have underestimated TVs?

plasma has burn in, I was gonna get a 32" vizio plasma but instead i got a 22" vizio LCD.
I think they've overcome that problem on the newer sets (2007+), but they're still pricier than LCDs, and LCD technology has improved quite a bit over the past 5 years. Would definitely recommend an LCD over Plasma just because of the price edge.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
This can't be right. You physically drove to all of those stores, and they're all sold out? Just 2 months ago, there were news articles everywhere stating that there was an overstock on flat panels.