No green LED when holding setup to pair remote with TV - XFinity

I swapped remotes earlier Tuesday and I'm trying to pair my new XR2 remote with the Samsung TV I got the other day. The remote works fine with the cable box but I'd like to use it to turn my TV on/off also. When following the instructions to pair the remote with a TV, I come to the part where it says to press and hold the Setup button until the red LED turns green. I do that, but the red LED just turns off and no green LED flashes at all.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did I get a bad remote? For some reason they gave an extra one so I do have another one to try as well.

EDIT: After trying for 30 minutes and making this thread the thing just randomly decided to work. Guess there's no need for this topic anymore.

This question, "No green LED when holding setup to pair remote with TV," is about XFinity-Comcast TV television equipment.

For other news regarding No green LED when holding setup to pair remote with TV, and XFinity - Comcast television equipment, see our recommended stories below.