No Internet?

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
It probably has happened at one time or another to each of us. What do you do when your internet goes down? Do you panic or just spend time doing something else until it comes back up? Or both?;)

Mei

DTVUSA Member
It probably has happened at one time or another to each of us. What do you do when your internet goes down? Do you panic or just spend time doing something else until it comes back up? Or both?;)
i do not really panic but i worry because i have an online job. whenever this happens, i just try to watch tv and divert my attention to other things.:D

jack

DTVUSA Member
me too feel the same.am doing online job.if i don have internet,thats all my life got over.many of them will say,"i cant live without water".but i will say,"i cant live without internet"

Chickie

DTVUSA Member
I curl up in a ball in the corner and cry!! :p

lmao!

Actually, my computer was fried by a sudden power surge a few months ago and I bought a used Dell off Craig's List for $30.00 and I'm still using it. It needs tweeking weekly but so far, it's OK for now while I search for a newer computer that I can afford. I've been periodically checking out what's on sale at TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components & Electronics . They sold me the computer that got zapped but it was a good working computer for at least 3 years until that happened.

During the time I was without a computer, I used the computers at my local library to check e-mail and surf the net or whatever it was I needed to get done... or I slept! :D

Chickie

DTVUSA Member
lol

I usually just try to catch up on chores and things like, uh, reading more. It's actually my New Year's resolution, to spend one less hour on the computer each night, and read more. :)
Hey! That was one of MY New Year Resolutions too!! :D

I actually do read a lot while on the internet (newspapers, magazine article's, etc.) but I haven't read very many books recently and I used to read 2 books a week (before I had kids!!) LOL! I do pick up free paperbacks and cheap ($2.00), used, hard covers at the library all the time and was given 2 books for my birthday last September. But I was recently diagnosed with a cataract and that explains a lot, as to why I seem to fall asleep when I do sit down (lay down) to read a book. It's a small one but I think I've been experiencing eye strain when reading and didn't even realize it until I went to the eye doctor last week. I have to go for more tests in April. Ugh!

Keep reading!! ;)

Last edited:

Chickie

DTVUSA Member
I find myself alone when the net is not there , I feel as if I'm made for that. I feel without it its just dugs me underground.
You need to get out side more, Adam!!

You are a child of the universe...
No less then the tree's and stars

...and YOU... have a RIGHT to be here!!! ;)

Will smith

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I usually surf for fun and some times for a reason Internet has been very useful to me but wout it it would be difficult, I see that the new generation is too lazy to search for things outside home, They prefer home stay.

I don't have like to sit for hours before the internet and waste my time, when ever i'm free I do something that is better for my health. so i don't have much feelings for it.

Sited

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I'd go cut myself if I had no Internet.. it's my life man, what would I do without it.

On a serious note, I would probably still be pretty damn ************ed off, do whatever I can to solve the problem, and if nothing can really be done, I would have to just resort to some other form of entertainment such as a nap or watching some television o_O

Dish

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yeah, this has happened to me in 2001 when I believe a wire or something in Niagara Falls was cut.. I don't really remember what happened, but I do remember what I did.

Well I actually didn't do anything special, I just went to bed, read some books, and went outside to play some football with my dear old pals! :D