No IPV6 support for Earthlink over TWC cable customers? - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "No IPV6 support for Earthlink over TWC cable customers?", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. My ISP is Earthlink but I have my internet access over the TWC cable. I pay TWC for my internet access and have a TWC accout number, but I have a 24.XX.XX.XX IP address.

I own my SB6141 hardware V7 modem with SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.16-SCM00-NOSH firmware. Got this latest version of firmware from a TWC download recently.

I don't have any IPV6 support even though TWC says that they're 100% IPV6. My firewall is IPV6 capable, but I see no traffic when I reboot the modem.

TWC Help has told me that I've got the wrong firmware version for IPV6 and they can't help me since I don't lease the modem.

Does anyone really know if Earthlink over TWC customers get IPV6 support? What version(s) of firmware are necessary on the SB6141? Is IPV6 100% rolled-out on the TWC network? I'm in the Raleigh, NC area.

Frank

This topic covered No IPV6 support for Earthlink over TWC cable customers?, and TWC cable internet service.

G

Please email me if you need help.

Frank,

I work for EarthLink and would be happy to help guide you to some of our network folks with questions you have with IPV6. If you would like, you can email me at vaughang@elnk.com.

Thanks,
Gary Vaughan
Senior Product Manager
EarthLink