No problems with Comcast

My dad has had Comcast Cable for years and has had few problems with it. I think the reception is pretty good, although it's really hard to tell when you've been spoiled by big screen, HD Tv at our house.

Part of me wants to think that because Comcast is so big, it's bound to have some problems here and there. However, because it's sooo big, it should have enough resources to provide good customer service. As for the reception, I've never had any problems.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Talking about enough resources, you're right in pointing out how big Comcast is, they've recently took heat from choking up peer to peer file sharing on their internet service. Now they've just announced a traffic limit for their internet clients. Of course all this is actually done to maintain good TV service so good news or at the least not bad news for cable subscribers.

I know that Comcast is taking some heat for their attempt to control bandwidth usage. However, when a handful of customers hog the majority of the bandwidth, I think Comcast is well within their right to begin regulating usage. Sure, there's the argument that Comcast should just increase the bandwidth, but the same bandwidth hogs will just take even more.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
My friend has comcast and her reception is pretty good...but it seems to go out whenever it storms...that was one downfall seeing how it storms A LOT in Florida. But I suggested she call and see why it's doing that because I can understand during severe storms the satelite going out but during rain it shouldn't, at least that's my opinion.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I'm in South Florida, too and our cable never goes out unless we lose the electricity. That's not the cable company's fault obviously, so maybe the person that loses her cable during storms has older wiring or something like that. She should probably contact Comcast and try to find out.

kaye

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I am fine with Comcast putting limits on as long as they do not expect us to pay for unlimited and then put limits on after all.If they sell unlimited then that is what customers have a right to expect.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
Doesn't every company have problems from time to time? Nothing is perfect, but their customer service is only as good as the person you get to help you. Sometimes the person doesn't work out, and hopefully the company will do something about it.

I am fine with Comcast putting limits on as long as they do not expect us to pay for unlimited and then put limits on after all.If they sell unlimited then that is what customers have a right to expect.
What do you mean by the limits? Like how much you can surf and watch tv? Are those the type of limits that you are talking about?

cronus

DTVUSA Member
I too think that they are good for providing cable service. I have had problems though, when it comes to repair. One time they had to come out for internet repair, and they swore they came, yet I never heard them come to the door. So my repair was delayed several more days.

SuzanaD

DTVUSA Member
I think Comcast is pretty good too. I like that they have live chat 24/7 too. I am able to contact them everytime I have a problem. I think it is worth the price.

Aries

DTVUSA Member
Most problems with Comcast arise from them being a monopoly. They have a strong standing, and they can freely mess with prices and even stop others from getting into the game through that influence. They have a lot of issues, but they do have the potential to be a seriously good company.