No Series Ending?

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
I heard a rumor that Heroes will be ending and there will not be a series finale? Hasn't anyone else heard this. That would be really stupid for all the people who have followed the series.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I wouldn't refer to folks who have followed a series for three or four years "stupid" just because they followed a series that didn't have a specific finale. It isn't their fault -- it's no one's fault.

The reality is that Heroes had a great first season and declined from there, so much so no that there is no justification for a new season. There have been rumors that they would try to put together a final two-hour movie, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one: The actors and crew are not compelled to participate in such a short-form and some of the most critical people could personally be better off doing other things instead. While they could cobble together a finale, I think the more likely scenario is either that they won't, or that the finale they put together will be several lacking as a result of the contractual compromises that would have to be made.

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
I wasn't referring to the people who followed the show as stupid, I was pointing out that the writers/producers/ or whoever decided to cut the series without and ending were stupid. And that it was unfair to those who loyally followed. But thank you for the extra information :)

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I wasn't referring to the people who followed the show as stupid, I was pointing out that the writers/producers/ or whoever decided to cut the series without and ending were stupid.
That makes no sense. First, the writers have nothing to do with it. Second, the folks who decided to cut the series without an ending were making the best business decision. If they'd have made more money the way you suggest, then they would have done that. The critical point is that what is best for us as viewers is not necessarily (and typically not at all) what's best for our suppliers. It is not rational to judge what others do based on our own personal desires -- their actions are always rightfully going to be governed by their overriding objectives.

And that it was unfair to those who loyally followed.
Life isn't fair.

Heroes had such an incredible first season, that the creators set the bar awfully high for themselves, so it's hardly any wonder that the following seasons didn't matchup to the shining example set by the first season. Some stuff happened that took wind from the sails, and they were never able to right the ship before it came crashing into a fiery demise.

Nobody is really to blame for what happened, and it's just unfortunate that this is how it all ends. R.I.P Heroes!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
It's a network decision. If you aren't happy about it, call them and complain. If enough do it, you might get a tv movie ending. It's happened before, many times.

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
That makes no sense. First, the writers have nothing to do with it. Second, the folks who decided to cut the series without an ending were making the best business decision. If they'd have made more money the way you suggest, then they would have done that. The critical point is that what is best for us as viewers is not necessarily (and typically not at all) what's best for our suppliers. It is not rational to judge what others do based on our own personal desires -- their actions are always rightfully going to be governed by their overriding objectives.

Life isn't fair.
Lol, I didn't realize I was posting something so controversial topic :D. I agree that life isn't fair, and perhaps "stupid" was a bit too strong of a word or not the one I should have used. Even if the series was slumping, I series finale may have brought in more viewers/revenue. I guess that's why the head hancho's figured it wouldn't work that way. I guess we could always get a Youtube finale :D

Orrymain

Joe, you just have to accept that bicker will usually argue with you no matter what. You're right to LOL and just let it roll off. I don't like the word 'stupid', however. That said, it's always a bad thing in my book when the powers that be don't plan appropriately. If you're on the bubble, you know it and should take it into consideration.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Joe, you just have to accept that bicker will usually argue with you no matter what.
Only if you take positions I disagree with. :rolleyes:

The fact that you and I typically disagree just means that you're typically wrong. :boink:

Seriously, not that you're wrong, but rather you confuse your personal preferences with some kind of objective fact. And that's really the issue in this thread, as well.

Orrymain

I'll agree that it's point of view, but not everything is as business oriented as you want to make it. That's a big part of the problem, in my opinion. Besides, sometimes the point of a thread is enjoyment and not to stir a controversy. Yes, I know -- you think I'm wrong again. :}

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I'll agree that it's point of view, but not everything is as business oriented as you want to make it.
I know that that's the case -- I've very active in my church, for example, and that's not business oriented.

Business, however, is business oriented.

Besides, sometimes the point of a thread is enjoyment
Enjoyment clearly indicated by people expressing happiness and pleasure, not by casting aspersions.

Indeed. I agree with that.

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
Maybe in 10 years there will be a season ending mini series that ties up all loose ends, or maybe everyone will have forgotten about the show in a bout 5 minutes :)