No signal from one channel

tvhound

DTVUSA Rookie
I recently connected an ez-hd outdoor antenna to my digital converter box. I am now receiving all my locals but one. I have rescanned for channels and changed the direction the antenna is pointing with no luck. The channel is KTVE-10. Here is what seems odd to me. I have another TV in another room connected to a TERK indoor antenna and it is receiving this station with a signal strength of 40. I have tried to get a signal with the Terk antenna on the first TV but it still shows no signal.The ez-hd outdoor antenna is not very high above my roof. Do you think raising it will help? I talked with one person who says most of my stations are transmitting from the south but KTVE is from the north but changing the antenna direction has not helped. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Request more information

please go to TV Fool and enter your location, and post the results bach here. We'll be glad to help.

tvhound

DTVUSA Rookie
please go to TV Fool and enter your location, and post the results bach here. We'll be glad to help.

The Signal Analysis Report lists the broadcasters in your area, ranked from strongest to weakest, according to 3D propagation modeling of the location and height (optional) that you entered. The background color of each transmitter in the table is color coded as follows:

Background color

Estimated signal strength

Green

An indoor "set-top" antenna is probably sufficient to pick up these channels

Yellow

An attic-mounted antenna is probably needed to pick up channels at this level and above

Red

A roof-mounted antenna is probably needed to pick up channels at this level and above

Grey

These channels are very weak and will most likely require extreme measures to try and pick them up

Please understand that this is a simulation and can only be treated as a rough approximation. Reception at your location is affected by many factors such as multipath, antenna gain, receiver sensitivity, buildings, and trees - which are not taken into account. Your mileage may vary.

Attachments

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: tvhound,

The image of your TVFOOL report is too small to read: please return to the website, reenter your information including antenna height and post the resulting URL here so we can view the full-sized image.

Thanks, Jim

tvhound

DTVUSA Rookie

I recently connected an ez-hd outdoor antenna to my digital converter box. I am now receiving all my locals but one. I have rescanned for channels and changed the direction the antenna is pointing with no luck. The channel is KTVE-10. Here is what seems odd to me. I have another TV in another room connected to a TERK indoor antenna and it is receiving this station with a signal strength of 40. I have tried to get a signal with the Terk antenna on the first TV but it still shows no signal.The ez-hd outdoor antenna is not very high above my roof. Do you think raising it will help? I talked with one person who says most of my stations are transmitting from the south but KTVE is from the north but changing the antenna direction has not helped. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. Link: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...a36221634282b8

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Sorry it took so long to get to your post, I must have missed it somehow.

Are you getting kejb 43 (MY Network TV) on either setup?

Try swapping antennas and tell us what you get.

I suspect it's either the ez-hd is not strong enough, or the reciver on that set is not as sensitive.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Have you tried hooking the second TV (the one usually hooked to the TERK) to the EZ-HD antenna? It may be a tuner issue. Based on your TV fool I'd think that pointing the EZ-HD within a few degrees of north would pull in everything since your southern signals are all strong.

Free DTV ota

DTVUSA Jr. Member
That's certainly very weird, esp. since the rabbit-ears tv set receives it. Keep in mind that "it's man-made," something I remind myself whenever something defies rational explanation. The other thing to consider is the quality of your roof antenna. For instance, is it amplified and does it pick up signals from at least a 50 mile radius? Mine works great, I love it.