No signal on my converter box, how can I improve?

raneaia

DTVUSA Rookie
I bought two Artec T3A boxes, but for some reason everytime I try and hook it to my TV and set it up is shows on the TV no signal.

The troubleshooting isn't really any help in the User Manual, but it did say it may be my antenna, so I bought a digtal rabbit ear antenna and still no luck! Everything is connected correctly. Could anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?
Thank for any help!
You will need a better antenna an outdoor would be the best but some of the 4 bay antennas have been used effectively indoors placed behind the tv or near a window pointed toward the transmitters. see antenna review thread or deep fringe prescription thread

Last edited by a moderator:

suzieq

DTVUSA Rookie
No signal for DTV

I have the RCA converter boxes, and I had to buy a new outside anteanna. And with both of them, I can only get 11% signal, which is still not strong enough to get any stations. So I don't know what to do now. Anyone have any other suggestions. As money is tight I can't afford to buy another anteanna. The one I bought was from Radio Shack and it was for DTV reception. I made sure of that before I bought it. I thought that changing over to DTV with a converter box was supposed to be easy, but it isn't

Thanks

I have the RCA converter boxes, and I had to buy a new outside anteanna. And with both of them, I can only get 11% signal, which is still not strong enough to get any stations. So I don't know what to do now. Anyone have any other suggestions. As money is tight I can't afford to buy another anteanna. The one I bought was from Radio Shack and it was for DTV reception. I made sure of that before I bought it. I thought that changing over to DTV with a converter box was supposed to be easy, but it isn't

Thanks
give us your zip code then we can give a better answer after we look at your tv fool results:)