No signal, what to do?

billw

DTVUSA Rookie
We Have a place in the adirondack mountains in northern NY, We only used to receive two analog stations from Plattsburg NY and Burlington Vermont. With the switchover we no longer get anything....SNOW. This is with the converter box hooked up. I have talked to the station WPTZ Plattsburg <NY and they say there's nothing they can do....the signal isn't strong enough etc. The local Radio Shack in Saranac Lake NY says that they have had 75% of the converter boxes returned....nothing can be done. There are alot of people in this rural, poor , aged now without TV. What to do if anything?BillW

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
And though it may not result in anything immediate, complain to the FCC and the contact information on the DTV government site. They need to know. Then I'd make sure every station in your area knows. You're their audience; you're lost money in this case. Tell them.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
We Have a place in the adirondack mountains in northern NY, We only used to receive two analog stations from Plattsburg NY and Burlington Vermont. With the switchover we no longer get anything....SNOW. This is with the converter box hooked up. I have talked to the station WPTZ Plattsburg <NY and they say there's nothing they can do....the signal isn't strong enough etc. The local Radio Shack in Saranac Lake NY says that they have had 75% of the converter boxes returned....nothing can be done. There are alot of people in this rural, poor , aged now without TV. What to do if anything?BillW
Hi Bill, what kind of antenna are you currently using? indoor or outdoor? Have you used tvfool.com to determine approximately how far away the broadcast towers are? If so, what is the approximate distance?

I would try the 91-xg cause you can tilt it to shoot over obstacles like hills buildings. has a 70 mile range bare can get out to 100 with wineguard 4800 pre amp, or the channel master 7777 pre amp this antenna is by far the best UHF antenna out there.