Northern Wisconsin DTV Reception

birds

DTVUSA Rookie
I live about 40 miles from TV stations (northern WI) that use to come in just fine with analog. My location is in the “north woods” and it’s heavily wooded and hilly. With the new digital TV no stations are available, even with an amplified antenna. I guess I’ll rent a lot of DVD’s.

what type of antenna do you use? go to tvfool.com put in your address and save your results and attach to your next post. it will help us make suggestions to solve the problem.

40 miles and indoor (if that's what it is) amplified antenna might be stretching it a bit. Don't give up just yet, give us your zip and as much information as you can about your setup.

labwat

DTVUSA Rookie
I'm glad I ran across your post. I'm planning on camping in Boulder Junction with my family next week. I was hoping to relax and enjoy a few shows since television is a luxury I can't afford at home. I thought digital was supposed to be better. I'm quite depressed now. Is there any solution at all?

Thomas G

Contributor
I'm glad I ran across your post. I'm planning on camping in Boulder Junction with my family next week. I was hoping to relax and enjoy a few shows since television is a luxury I can't afford at home. I thought digital was supposed to be better. I'm quite depressed now. Is there any solution at all?
It really depends. What works for you may not necessarily work for your neighbors and vice versa. Are you using a converter box and do you plan on connecting a antenna to it? An outdoor antenna will give you the best chance of getting good reception too.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
I'm an avid camper and vacationist. :) You'll have a problem getting reception in a wooded area, but it doesn't hurt to try out the converter box, TV, and the best antenna you can pack.

We're probably going to start brining a small DVD player for trips and renting some DVDs after the transition. We brought our trailer up to Montana last Spring and I tried getting signals with a RCA DTA800B and rabbit ears. No luck...but getting normal reception in Montana can be a bit of a challange anyway.