Now Available - The RCA Mobile TV Tablet

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
http://arlandcommunications.cmail2....1EBB488EF392/312B6369BFB9914A2540EF23F30FEDED

Web Version | Update preferences | Unsubscribe
Forward icon
Forward
RCA Mobile TV Tablet Now Available
The RCA Mobile TV Tablet is the first of its kind.

A fully functional touchscreen tablet with built-in TV.

The tablet receives both standard ATSC (watching while stationary), and Dyle Mobile TV that you can watch while moving. Equipped with an Android operating system, the tablet can access the Google Play store and much more!

Buy now & get a FREE GetMyElectronics.com microfiber screencloth and stylus for easy cleaning and navigation.

Buy It Now. Click Here.

RCA Mobile TV Tablet
High-Definition 8” 1024×768 4:3
HD Touchscreen Display

Compatible with Dyle™ Mobile TV for Live, Local and National Programming
On-The-Go From TV Stations in your area*

Android ICS with 1GHz processor

8 GB Built-in Memory

Wi-Fi for Internet Browsing,
Email and Google Play

Built-in Lithium-Poly
Rechargeable Battery

Front and Rear Cameras

Dual-tuner capability for reception of standard ATSC and Mobile Digital TV signals
*Dyle Mobile TV is not available in all markets, and coverage may vary in participating markets. Please check the coverage map to see if signals are available in your area: Coverage Map | Dyle TV. Coverage may include free, pay-per-view or both. Coverage may be modified or terminated by Dyle without notice.

5 MegaPixel Rear Camera

Dyle Mobile TV

MicroSD & MicroUSB

Buy It Now. Click Here.

Edit your subscription | Unsubscribe

(317) 973-4753
GetMyElectronics.com

Get My Electronics · RCA Mobile TV Tablet

Get My Electronics
0 ITEMSTOTAL $0.00

Portable TV
Remotes
TV at Home
Storm Ready
Antennas
Accessories
Speakers
Tablets
SALE
HomeTabletsMobile TV TabletRCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
By RCA

$259.99

Qty−+

Picture of RCA Mobile TV TabletView Large Image
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet
RCA Mobile TV Tablet

0 Reviews
You
You

1 2 3 4 5

Reviews by YOTPO
RCA Mobile TV Tablet (Model DDA850R)

The RCA Mobile TV Tablet is the first of it's kind, a fully functional touchscreen tablet with built-in TV. The tablet receives both standard ATSC (watching while stationary), and Dyle Mobile TV that you can watch while moving. Equipped with an Android operating system, the tablet can access the Google App store and much more!

High-Definition 8” 1024×768 4:3 HD Touchscreen Display
Compatible with Dyle™ Mobile TV for Live, Local and National Programming On-The-Go From TV Stations in your area*
Android ICS 4.0 with 1GHz processor
8 GB Built-in Memory
Wi-Fi for Internet Browsing, Email and Google Play
Built-in Lithium-Poly Rechargeable Battery
Front and Rear Cameras
Dual-tuner capability for reception of standard ATSC and Mobile Digital TV signals
Also included with the GetMyElectronics.com package is a FREE microfiber screencloth and stylus for easy touchscreen use.

*Dyle Mobile TV is not available in all markets, and coverage may vary in participating markets. Please check the coverage map to see if signals are available in your area: Coverage Map | Dyle TV. Coverage may include free, pay-per-view or both. Coverage may be modified or terminated by Dyle without notice.

You may also like

Remote for Digital Stream Converter Box (Model DTX9950)
$14.99 USD

RF Antenna Adapter (Coax)
$13.99 USD

Car Adapter for 3.5” and 7” TV models
$17.99 USD

AC Adapter for 3.5” and 7” TV models
$24.99 USD

Remote Control for 7” TV
$11.99 USD

Portable TV External Antenna
$24.99 USD
Search
Legal
Refunds & Returns
Shipping Information
Facebook
Twitter

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
I think it will also be interesting to see if these will be carried in local stores or if this will only be offered on-line. This is the time of the year that it ought to start arriving pretty soon. I was at a Wal Mart this weekend and I saw an RCA Internet Music System with a detachable Android tablet. If the RCA Mobile TV tablet is going to sell, it ought to be in stores right near the other RCA products.

[video=youtube;3k_Fv9Ep50o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k_Fv9Ep50o[/video]

RCA's Internet Music System blends detachable Android tablet, boombox

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
Now Available - The RCA Mobile TV Tablet Your Message - See more at: http://www.dtvu

With regards to availability in local brick and mortar stores, I did get this email earlier today:

"There will eventually be brick-and-mortar retail distribution,
yes...assuming that the number of broadcasters transmitting in Mobile DTV
(Dyle) continues to grow. National retailers are reluctant to carry a
product that doesn't automatically work everywhere."

Last edited:

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
I just thought that I would post an update to this because I did buy an RCA Model DMT580DU for one of my wife's presents on Christmas 2013. I thought about buying from Radio Shack, but I found a better price online.

When she opened this on Christmas Eve, I think she was somewhat surprised, because she already has the original Apple iPad Mini and uses an Elgato EyeTV Mobile ATSC-MH for Mobile DTV. In the Twin Cities MN market, she gets channels from:

KTCA

KSTP

KMSP

KARE

She does like WCCO, but they do not have a Mobile DTV channel and no intent to offer one. Because she doesn't have data on either her smartphone or tablet, she relies on wi-fi. Occasionally she will be somewhere that she can't get wifi. With wi-fi, she can use the DISH Anywhere app through our DISH 722k. Since the RCA DMT580DU also has a regular ATSC tuner, this seemed like a reasonable choice.

I got a chance to play with this after she had and I have noticed a few interesting things. Even though here Elgato gets the stations already mentioned, the RCA only gets KMSP and KARE. Originally I thought that possibly the tuner is simply not as sensitive as the Elgato, but then I realized that KMSP and KARE are the Dyle channels, but KTCA and KSTP are the MyDTV channels. I am not sure yet if it doesn't get them because of the signal strength or if it is a Dyle vs. MyDTV issue.

The regular ATSC tuner is alright, but I do sort of wish that it had an option for an external antenna. Sure, that would limit the benefit of portability of a tablet, but it would be nice to have the option anyway.

I have noticed that the volume does not get loud enough. If we keep this, I suspect that we will use this with headphone or an external speaker of some sort.

Also, when I downloaded the DISH Anywhere app, it seems to connect to my Slingbox adapter, but does not display any video. It works on our other Android devices, so I am not sure why that is an issue with this.

G

It does have an external antenna plug right next to the camera lens...you just have to uncover it. I'm just not quite sure what antenna adapter it will need to make it work.