Obama vs McCain

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
So its time for a heated debate Barack Obama vs John McCain. After much thought and research i have decided to back McCain i like his energy plan, and his maverick voting style. It makes for a very interesting candidate. When it comes to his economic plan he hasn't spoke on it as much as i would like him to, but when it comes to the way he has voted i believe he will definitely cut government spending. What do you think?

Country Boy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Have you ever thought that it was time for a change?!? 4 more years of bush maybe 4 years to many. Our housing market is almost dead. The price of oil is insanely high. Not mention we are on the verge of a recession. HMMM i think that it may just be time for something else lets make history Obama 08

Attachments

I'll vote McCain

It's time for a change, but McCain is the man I'll be voting for. He's not too far to the right, and certainly his own man with a plan. Obama's talked about change, but has few substantial plans. His main focus has been a timeline for withdrawal from Iraq, and lots of smiling and photo ops. I want someone who doesn't have an inflated ego to match his inflated tires.

Last edited:

Country Boy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Inflated tire remark was slightly taken out of context. He was simply saying tha the long term effect of drilling offshore could be as little as checking you tire inflation. We should start finding other forms of energy and stop letting our Country be ran by big oil business exec's. let's be honest with one another get down to the brass tax of this election. It's energy, economy, and war. IF you would like to debate lets argue whats important.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
There is way more to an eletion then that. Obama is on vacation right now for the second time since he started running for president(don't even bring up bush's vacation time it is a waste of breath and time). Right now when he should be in the house voting on off-shore drilling which would have a bigger effect on gas then filling your tires with air. That statement was very uneducated. Right now while Obama is on vacation Georgia is at risk of being destroyed. THis invasion is unjust and needs to be stopped. I seriously doubt peace talks will work unless thier is a military behind it. Time to research our presidential candidate and not vote because of thier public speaking capabilities.

I just don't trust either one of the candidate to lead the country. Obama doesn't have the experience and as Senator Joe Biden once said, the White House is a lousy place for on-the-job training. As for McCain, do I really want another 4 years of the possibility of Bush-like leadership?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Obama is all talk and no subtance. He also flip flops way too much, and the kind of change he will bring to America is not the kind of change we need. Mccain is not Bush's twin. There are a plethora of differences between the two. I'm going Mccain all the way.

So McCain has announced his selection to be his running mate. She's is Sarah Palin, the current governor of Alaska. Her political resume is relatively short. She was a councilmember and former mayor of a town of about 9,000 people before becoming governor.

djs

DTVUSA Member
I think both men are good candidates in their own right. The main point of difference for me is I believe John McCain will not follow Party lines and will have a better chance to work with Congress. The President can have all the ideas in the world for positive change, but if they can't get legislation passed through Congress nothing will change.