oddest thing on lost without an explanation?

toby

DTVUSA Member
what is the oddest thing that has happened on lost that you have yet to see an explanation for? for me, i will say it is the "moving" of the island. it will be interesting to see how this gets explained....i am also curious as to how ben was able to get locke's dad on the island....

IloveOprah

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Lost has me lost ha ha but one of the things that has me most fascinated is the disembodied voice in the cabin, and the rocking chair that moved without anyone in it.

Yeah, the supernatural stuff on their is so trippy because it doesn't happen in every episode, so it's not something that's expected. The producers like to mess with reality quite a bit on that show, if that makes sense. :)

what is the oddest thing that has happened on lost that you have yet to see an explanation for? for me, i will say it is the "moving" of the island. it will be interesting to see how this gets explained....i am also curious as to how ben was able to get locke's dad on the island....
I love watching the Lost DVDs only because they have a lot of behind the scenes stuff, and provides a little more depth. I hate watching when a scene comes up, and leaves much to be desired. Half the time, I'll grab my laptop real quick and start looking for answers on Lost Forums or on the ABC website. :)

IwantmyDTV

DTVUSA Jr. Member
whispers

i would like to know why some hear the whispers on the island?
I had a momentary theory about the whispering when Sawyer say Kate and Claire during one of the time shifts: that the whispering that someone hears is actually the remaining survivors who are temporarily shifting through that time. For instance...if Kate and Claire had heard whispering at that time (not likely as Claire was in the midst of giving birth) then it would have been Sawyer (if he had been trying to talk to them when he saw them).

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I had a momentary theory about the whispering when Sawyer say Kate and Claire during one of the time shifts: that the whispering that someone hears is actually the remaining survivors who are temporarily shifting through that time. For instance...if Kate and Claire had heard whispering at that time (not likely as Claire was in the midst of giving birth) then it would have been Sawyer (if he had been trying to talk to them when he saw them).
Pretty good theory, it always sounds like the whispers are backwards. One thing is for sure, they louder they get, the more they freak me out. ;)

I have two things that rank up there as "odd". First, the numbers. I understand that they have some weird, unlucky significance, but I'm not sure if their link to the island has been explained. Did the guy who Hurley got the numbers from come from the island? How did he know them? My second thing is Richard and his apparent ability to control the time traveling aspect of the island. Does this apply for all of the "others" or is the constant and other other's come and go.

emerica37
emerica37.com

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I have two things that rank up there as "odd". First, the numbers. I understand that they have some weird, unlucky significance, but I'm not sure if their link to the island has been explained. Did the guy who Hurley got the numbers from come from the island? How did he know them? My second thing is Richard and his apparent ability to control the time traveling aspect of the island. Does this apply for all of the "others" or is the constant and other other's come and go.

emerica37
emerica37.com
Old blog article on "numbers": Brandon Otte's Blog: Lost: "Numbers"

KrisNY

DTVUSA Member
How about the beast? We had a flash back to the beast a couple episodes ago when Jin was on.

Is Ben good or bad?

Who is this new woman, Daniels mom? He seems to be connected to Whitmore, and Ben.

Why doesn't Richard ever change in looks? Every flashback and forward we have seen, he looks the same. Remember when he went to see Locke when he was a small boy?