Ok, I want to know...

daash

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Are you ready for this ? Roku allows me to watch all the regulars, Netflix, hulu, amazon.....add the networks including ones like syfy and history, select the episode I want to watch, major networks stream a day after broadcast. I can watch ESPN. With a media server like the free PLEX I can stream content like pictures and movies from my PC. It has a very small footprint (think hockey puck) setup is easy and there many many channels to use. Cable cutters love it! I currently have two, one in my living room and one in the bedroom.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Wow, I think I am starting to like it more and more lol. How much does Roku cost? Or do they have a website I can check out?
Of course they have a website: Roku Streaming Player

They cost between $50 and $100 depending on model. I'd recommend the Roku 3 if you can afford it and have a HDTV with HDMI inputs. It has a faster processor, wired Ethernet, and gaming remote with a built in headphone jack.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Ya I think I would possibly go for the Roku 3, but that is mostly because I am all about upgrading to the new thing, if I have that item. For example, if I had a ps3, I would upgrade to a ps4. But I wouldn't get rid of the ps3 either.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Of course they have a website: Roku Streaming Player

They cost between $50 and $100 depending on model. I'd recommend the Roku 3 if you can afford it and have a HDTV with HDMI inputs. It has a faster processor, wired Ethernet, and gaming remote with a built in headphone jack.
Note that the Roku 3 only has an HDMI out. The Roku 2 has both composite and HDMI, as do some of the older models.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Note that the Roku 3 only has an HDMI out. The Roku 2 has both composite and HDMI, as do some of the older models.
Just adding to what Pogi said for those that don't know...the HDMI and composite audio/video connectors allow you to hook up to both newer and older TVs.