Old Retro Vintage Commercials

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Wow look at the 80's commercials. :) I always wanted to kick the crap out of the owl in the Tootsie Pop commercials. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?? 1...2...3 Chomp.... :)

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Speaking of retro-commercials, last summer RVT ran a bunch of them between shows but I haven't seen one since. Cool website cclc, thanks!
Jim

cclc

DTVUSA Member
Yea those old drive in intermission commercials are neat, in a class by there own. Old commercials use to have great jingles! Sorta miss some of those old tunes.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I think the reason retro commercials are so enjoyable is that they aren't all sex-clad and they feature things we grew up with, not to mention the classics with the performers. TV shows used to be sponsored by a company and the performers would do scenes at their kitchens eating this or that product. That was so cool. It was a soft sale versus this subliminal buy buy buy they do now.

Drive In's and even the old theaters-back in the day :gramps:- showed some of the best little cartoon clips and movie shorts.

I know I am showing my age, and as much as I love coming attractions, I would love to see the shorts make a return.

Speaking of old TV Commercials, I still recall the frito bandito, not all commercials were owls and cheetas

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Classic Car Commercials Online

At the website below you can view some old commercials for what would be now be called 'Classic Cars'. :car:

*** Unlike the last time I visited the website, there are now many pop-up ads, so turn on your pop-up blocker -- I think you will agree with me, the visit is well worth it.
Jim

Classic Car Commercials

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Wow look at the 80's commercials. :) I always wanted to kick the crap out of the owl in the Tootsie Pop commercials. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?? 1...2...3 Chomp.... :)
Ahh that one is a classic...the friggen' owl always irritated me too right after that big chomp.