One antenna two tvs

Sweaver

DTVUSA Rookie
Okay so I have these to TVA that share the same antenna but one picks up way more channels and the other one hardly picks up any, is there anyway I could fix this?

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
One Antenna Two TVs

Do a double scan of the tuners of all TVs. Also, check the coaxial cable. Use only RG-6 or better feedline. Check your splitter. I am listing several things because we don't have enough information about your set-up to narrow it down any further.

Okay so I have these to TVA that share the same antenna but one picks up way more channels and the other one hardly picks up any, is there anyway I could fix this?
Hey Sweaver!

I'm a rookie too. ;) Quick way to check the splitter and coax -- just switch the lines to the two TVs. I'm assuming you do scans of both TVs before and after any test.

Rick

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The other question that needs to be asked is, are both TVs digital? An analog TV would only pick up legacy low power and translator stations. The way to fix that would be to purchase a converter box, or a new TV.

Last edited:

Sweaver

DTVUSA Rookie
yes my tvs are analog but I have converter boxes for both, Ive checked the spilters and the tv works great with both but the other doesn't. but I dint know what a coaxial cable is though

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
... but I dint know what a coaxial cable is though
:welcome: Sweaver,

Coaxial cable is the round wire that connects your tv to the converter box and the box to your antenna. Coax uses 'F' fittings that have a central wire with can be delicate. There is a slight possibility that wire is bent sideways inside one of the fittings, and that would cause one TV to be unable to receive any (or few) channels.

Jim

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
TVA on Canada is A Quebec channel over air, maybe the sensibility of Turner can vary, or your splitter is causing signal loss I had a similar problem and could solve it by use a splitter for dish maybe you need to try with a Splitter of 2.3 GHz to get sure that are getting all the signal stream to your televisions

Best regards
Francisco

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Are both converter boxes the same brand / model? If they are different, tuners vary by a great deal.

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
one time happened when i splitted my antenna signal to two televisions that the kitchen converter box the channel 30UHF just could not watch it when i turned other television, the signals goes in 0 and the other television had perfect reception, and that time used an splitter of 1GHZ that seem to have too much attenuation in one line so i used an truspec of 2.3GJHZ splitter for Dish and the problem got solved, when you split the signal in two both televisions or converter boxes have to get the same stremnght, in ATSC is right can work with lower signal intensity but already if the converter box turner have an noise floor too low the incoming signal of an conventional 900MHZ splitter can be too weak for even make that the converter box pick a tv channel in digital (Numerique) so check up your converter box, also check by any thing ie amplifier or booster that can be making the signal weak or making too much attenuation that includes coaxials cabls of bad quality or with a poor shield

best regards

Francisco

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
One time it happened when I split my antenna signal to two televisions that the kitchen converter box for channel 30, UHF. I could not watch it when I turned to the other television: the signals goes to 0 and the other television had perfect reception. At that time I used an splitter of 1GHZ that seem to have too much attenuation in one line so i used an truspec of 2.3GHZ splitter for Dish and the problem was resolved ...
Francisco,

Great post and a wake-up call for all viewers and especially OTA experimenters. You are suggesting not all components you can buy for your system actually do what they claim to do. Imagine that! We should start a thread here about brand new junk, and name those items.

Jim :thumb:

Last edited: