One week away from the Digital Transition, what do you think?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Seems hard to believe the countdown has reached almost a week away. On both of my local news websites, they're churning out the DTV advice stories this week. Wonder what the coverage will be like on June 12. Will it actually make headlines? :)

I just hope they do it this time. i want my extra channels and more power uh uh uh! (tim allen Home Improvement grunt)

I remember it was about this many days left or less and then that stupid delay meaning i had to watch those PSAs over and over again for a few more months plus being without one channel longer than i'd like. i hope CW comes back after the transition i think they're waiting for the actual thing to go through first. they've cut their analog off last December; was the last time i picked them up and watched shows like The Dead Zone and Friends.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I suspect that the "The Sky is Falling" articles are already written and waiting on the editors' desks, complete with post-dated interviews with the requisite elderly folks left without service.

Piggie

Super Moderator
I suspect that the "The Sky is Falling" articles are already written and waiting on the editors' desks, complete with post-dated interviews with the requisite elderly folks left without service.
This is one thing I know darn well I learned working in a TV station. They really do this stuff. Write things ahead of time. Options to air.

It's like sending out news crews around town for the 6 pm news. If they wander around not finding much, every thing scattered off topic. But then if there are three house fires, or three car wrecks worth covering, the theme of that nights news will be car wrecks or house fires and other stuff already edited is dropped.

It's just a scripted drama based roughly on what happened that day.