only getting one channel

ccpg

DTVUSA Rookie
I hooked up my radio shack converter box last night and much to my chagrin, I only got our local PBS channel. I used to get about 10 stations with my antenna, but now only get one. I called the 800 number and they walked me thru a bunch of things, but nothing changed. I am wondering if my antenna is bad. I have a booster and a rotor, and the rotor is working.....if the antenna was bad, would I still be able to pick up the local PBS station. BTW, I can't pick up the local station on analog tv, but got it thru digital. I am getting cbs on analog, but can't pick it up on digital. the station is about 60 miles from my house. I was so frustrated last night. help and thanks ccpg

Boo-Ray

DTVUSA Member
1. How long is the cable from your anteena to your converter box? Approx. how old is the cable? Does it have any weather damage?

2. Check all connections starting from the antenna, to the amp, to the TV.

3. When was the last time you did a channel scan on the converter?

4. Disconnect the amp and connect the cable directly to your antenna. Try another channel scan.

5. See Antennas Direct | Troubleshooting Problems with HDTV Antennas for some tips.

As you try new things, remember to do a channel scan each time on your converter box.

ccpg

DTVUSA Rookie
thanks for all the tips. my problem now is finding someone to check connections. My antenna is on a 40 ft tv tower and there is no one is a 50 mile radius that will work with tv towers. conny

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
thanks for all the tips. my problem now is finding someone to check connections. My antenna is on a 40 ft tv tower and there is no one is a 50 mile radius that will work with tv towers. conny
That is a tall tower! What concerns me is that you're receiving signals fine on analog and not with your converter. You would think if everything wasn't connected correctly, that you wouldn't be receiving analog either.