OTA channel guide?

U

Unregistered

What does everyone here use for a channel guide for over-the-air? I wish TVGOS was available in my area but it isn't.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
TVGOS is no longer supported and discontinued.

I'm using TitanTV. I also have my DTVpal converter box, which has a decent EPG, despite the fact that I can no longer get TVGOS updates.

summerski

DTVUSA Member
Yes TitanTV offers a great free guide to OTA broadcasting. Accidentally discovered it yesterday. Even has the new Movie channel. For some reason it is missing MeTV.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
TVGuide.com, titantv.com, or if you want to use your phone for your viewing TV guide there are a ton of apps available for iOS and Android.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
TVGOS is no longer supported and discontinued.

I'm using TitanTV. I also have my DTVpal converter box, which has a decent EPG, despite the fact that I can no longer get TVGOS updates.
Our Channel Master CM-7000 Pal DVR has a reasonable program guide but since we use more than one antenna system, unless we regularly switch between antennas, it doesn't completely fill in.

Jim

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
The lack of a guide is one of the reasons I'm not brave enough to cut that cord completely. I'm very much into convenience. I'd probably go with TVGuide's schedule guide, though, from what I've actually checked out in the past myself.

MrPogi

Staff member
Yes TitanTV offers a great free guide to OTA broadcasting. Accidentally discovered it yesterday. Even has the new Movie channel. For some reason it is missing MeTV.
Since you've just found TitanTV, you probably have yet to discover just how much you can modify, customize, and create multiple channel lineups. You can add MeTV by locating a MeTV station in your time zone and assigning it to your guide under the channel and call letters of your local MeTV station. You'll have to sign up for an account (free) to keep your custom lineups.

I have added some live Roku channels (AMGTV for one) and some FTA satellite channels to my TitanTV listings as well - I now have about 50 channels in my listings. A cheap tablet next to the sofa provides me an awesome free guide.

(TIP: The TitanTV app for android sucks. It's much better with the tablet's browser.)

Last edited:

SWHouston

Staff member
I agree, Titan is probably the best resource that I've found, and...

It has a Search function as well. I find this very helpful since I'm always trying to find those singular/obscure airings of several shows I like. One only need to set the name and save that search, and just one click finds any airings. Ha, I have about five or six searches saved and use weekly.

MrPogi

Staff member
WMC is really good, but you need to have a Windows computer running - a bit of a pain unless you have a dedicated HTPC that is on all the time. (note that WMC is included free in Windows 7 and Vista, but not in XP, and you have to pay for it as an add on in Windows 8)

If you live in an area served only by LP stations and translators (like me) it's not easy to set up. WMC misses a lot of channels, and you need to add them manually. Not something the average user wants to do.

I would have to agree here probably one of the GREATEST tragic element of returning or still having OTA is the use of a EPG I think there's be alot more converstio is someone would take the time to build on in or created (even one time payable app) into newer TV/s

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I would have to agree here probably one of the GREATEST tragic element of returning or still having OTA is the use of a EPG I think there's be alot more converstio is someone would take the time to build on in or created (even one time payable app) into newer TV/s
Agreed, but problem is everyone would have to buy a newer TV. Too bad Roku couldn't find a way to put a HD tuner in their box and somehow get an OTA guide working with it.

Someone should be smart enough on here to jack us a app....u candevelop your OWN Roku u just have to have the skill (the channels and the programing on each are OPEN SOURCE..............