Out of HDMI ports

Hello all,

I have a HDTV that's connected to my PS3 and PC through HDMI inputs. I just ordered up a DVR from Cox this week which has an HDMI output. I have 0 inputs left on the TV. Where do I connect the DVR to?? Too bad the PS3 or PC don't have inputs and I do not want to unplug and replugin my PC or PS3 when I'm not using them.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
This was one of the top criteria I used in selecting a new receiver: It needed to have lots of HDMI inputs. Short of buying an HDMI switcher or receiver that can act as one, you'll need to select one of the connections to swap over to component video + digital audio.

TheGame

DTVUSA Rookie
Definitely recommend a HDMI hub. The one that the poster above me recommended is good but you'll have to press a button each time you want to switch between the different HDMI cords.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Definitely recommend a HDMI hub. The one that the poster above me recommended is good but you'll have to press a button each time you want to switch between the different HDMI cords.
Hence the name, "3 Port Smart HDMI switch". :p Welcome to the forum btw.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
HDMI Hubs have come down in pricing a lot over the past year. I've got one in my bedroom.

Here's a 3 Port Smart HDMI switch by Game Infinity for less than $25

Wonder if there's any signal loss through one of those. I've got a crappy port replicator for my laptop that has a VGA connection which gets converted to USB to my PC and it looks awful when I connect a monitor to it.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
You would think a device that is built to help distribute A/V connections would meet most signal loss standards. CptlA, I think there's a big difference between converting a VGA connection to USB than a device like this that just takes three HDMI ports and switches between them to output to one HDMI port, right? The HDMI switch I posted has some pretty good reviews though a few people have complained about the autoswitch feature with their cable providers set top box.

NYCLA*

DTVUSA Member
Hello all,

I have a HDTV that's connected to my PS3 and PC through HDMI inputs. I just ordered up a DVR from Cox this week which has an HDMI output. I have 0 inputs left on the TV. Where do I connect the DVR to?? Too bad the PS3 or PC don't have inputs and I do not want to unplug and replugin my PC or PS3 when I'm not using them.
Does your TV have component inputs? Does the DVR from Cox have component out?