Pandora App Has Recently Stopped Working On HR24-200 Receiver - DirecTV

I have this old receiver in a back bedroom, and the Pandora app quit working at least 2 or 3 days ago. I've been getting an error message that essentially says the app cannot connect to the internet. The error message gives you two choices, 1 - to run a test; and 2 - continue and fix later, which just exits you back to the menu screen. I've run the system test which says everything is okay, I've reset the receiver using a couple of different methods, I've run the "re-connect to the internet" selection from the menu, I've confirmed that the internet connection is good by running the "TV Apps" and successfully connecting to the "On-Demand" app, both of which are internet based. So basically everything I know to check says there is no problem with the internet connection, which is supported by the fact that the other internet apps work fine.

Now the kicker - I checked the date of the receiver software and it shows it was updated on 21 March. So although I thought I had run Pandora after that date, up until just a few days ago, maybe not. It appears this may be yet another case of a software update that has messed up in some form or fashion, the functionality of the receiver, with respect to the Pandora app.

I realize that probably not many people have a receiver this old, but has anybody else experienced problems with Pandora since around 21 March on any model receiver?

This question, "Pandora App Has Recently Stopped Working On HR24-200 Receiver," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

R

Regina

Yes same thing here in GA our update was on the 14th of March and it still worked until March 28th, 2017. We called Directv they said that they had an update to the chip and this is why it stopped working for this model. they are working on the problem which tells me that it will never be fixed and they will tell us to upgrade our receiver to a newer model. We have had no problem with this receiver until this update. First recorder dvr that we did not have to replace in the first two years in over 17 years with Directv, this one did not break or stop working it was just there stupid update.

G

same problem here. same receiver too. called the 800-531-5000 and talked with the Tech support 2x in past 5 days. They keep saying Pandora is down. Really frustrating. The script based help desk has no tech skills.

G

I'm having the same problem. They told me that they are aware of an issue with the software and are working on it. It's been since 4/1 that mine hasn't worked. frustrating to say the least.

G

Yes, I have the exact same problem but I have a HR24/100. Tried resetting everything, call Directv three times and no help.

G

Pandora issue

I have the same problem in Redmond Washington. Called with tech for an hour and they said it must be a router issue.

G

Pandora issues

Same problem, hr24-100, california, called tech twice this week and was a complete waste of time. Do I need a newer reciever?

G

Same problem here with 24-500 receiver. Started after 3/22 software update.
Since then have gone around and around with support and was finally told they know
about the problem and are working on a software fix in the next update in April.
Well they did a software download yesterday and it still doesn't work. Going to
call a pester them again and keep nagging till they fix it.

G

I don't care what service techs tell you

Have 2 hr22s, 2 hr24s, and 1 genie 44, 1 client 51w. Pandora only works on the genie and of course the client. Same issue. Obviously it is a software issue with upgrade.

G

Pandora is not working on my genie now since the update 9/12. And I have an HR44/500 receiver. Software is now 0xd80. Directv said they are aware of problems with Pandora and engineers are working on it. really?

G

I have the same receiver, and the same problem. Pandora connects, but doesn't recognize any of my stations, and won't let me set up new ones. I even cancelled the old stations, and entirely reactivated the Pandora account with no success. Similar thing happened with YouTube a few years ago. That was blamed on a YouTube update, and Directv wouldn't update the DVRs to match. Seems the services keep going down, while the price for service keeps going up. I have pretty well given up on Directv's "service department". It takes too long to go through all the recorded troubleshooting to get to a live person. Last time I did, I was told this was a "unique" problem that they weren't seeing from anyone else! I suggested they Google it! I bought an Amazon Firestick, activated Netflix, YouTube, and Pandora. If Directv doesn't get their act together soon, my satellite dish will soon find itself in a landfill!

G

Getting increasingly pissed off with DirecTV

I could not watch live broadcasts in upstairs bedroom. Local baseball and football games would pixalate and freeze. I always pay my bill and I was getting pissed. Called C/S and they wanted to charge me $99 for a service call, or they suggested I pay for the protection plan of $7 a month. I said BS. They sent a tech and as soon as he stepped in the door he said he thought he knew what the problem was. I had the larger Genie box downstairs and he said that was the problem. He switched it out and now I can watch tv upstairs without it pixalating and freezing up. But now my Pandora will not work on either tv. I am also very fed up with Directv. You pay for 24/7 service but you sure don't get it. I lose stations when it is a slight rain outside which sucks. They act like no big deal, just fire up your laptop. Well when I get in bed and you are undressed and warm, you don't want to have to get up and start up your laptop just to watch tv while in bed. So far I am very disappointed in their products and service. I want Pandora back, but from reading these blogs, I don't think it is even worth my time to call them and complain AGAIN.

R

ru4crzn

I called DirecTV / At&T , they have no clue when Pandora will be fixed. This is aggravating as I listen to Pandora all the time outside on the deck. All I get is it is a known issue and there Tech staff is working it. Here, I've put you on a list and you will received an email when a firmware update is available. Anybody want to bet I'll never get an update? and this is all about money between Pandora and AT&T.