Pat yourselves on your back

Lurker Lee

DTVUSA Member
I joined this forum a few weeks ago when I was looking for info on the digital transition, mostly info on converter boxes. I found the info that I needed (thanks!) and found even more interesting people and conversations.

I just wanted to say what a nice group this is, at least on the digital transition area where I've done the most "lurking". I've hung out on some volatile, snarky forums and newsgroups, and it is such a pleasant change to see people being civilized to outsiders.

And as a relative newbie, I want to say thanks to all of you for being nice to me and all of the other newbies (and there sure are a lot of them). Even when new people ask the same questions over and over, or are obviously stuggling to grasp the technology, I've yet to see anyone be rude to them. And on half the boards and groups I read, those people would have gotten sarcastic answers at best.

Anyhow, just wanted you to know someone noticed :thumb:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
We appreciate your posts. It's people like you that make the forum successful and enjoyable.
I joined this forum a few weeks ago when I was looking for info on the digital transition, mostly info on converter boxes. I found the info that I needed (thanks!) and found even more interesting people and conversations.

I just wanted to say what a nice group this is, at least on the digital transition area where I've done the most "lurking". I've hung out on some volatile, snarky forums and newsgroups, and it is such a pleasant change to see people being civilized to outsiders.

And as a relative newbie, I want to say thanks to all of you for being nice to me and all of the other newbies (and there sure are a lot of them). Even when new people ask the same questions over and over, or are obviously stuggling to grasp the technology, I've yet to see anyone be rude to them. And on half the boards and groups I read, those people would have gotten sarcastic answers at best.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I've learned much more than I ever expected to here on the forum. I think it's a great place. One of the things I love is the detailed explanations that are given. No one gets brushed off.

Piggie

Super Moderator
I've learned much more than I ever expected to here on the forum. I think it's a great place. One of the things I love is the detailed explanations that are given. No one gets brushed off.
There are several here from AVS. Which is a very well run forum. No over moderation like DLSR (that used to be a great site), and the unspoken creed is to help all comers. This place seems to have picked up the same.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member

and thanks for taking the time out to say thanks. ;) I've met a lot of cool people over the past year and have learned much. Like 1inxs mentioned, it's contributors like you that make this place an enjoyable experience. :thumb:

Piggie

Super Moderator
It may or may not happen, but I don't think we have seen anything yet.

I believe we are in lull before the storm right now.

I don't think it will all hit right on June 13th. Some people will try stuff, find out the internet has information, so it could go on a month to all summer.

Then again I am wrong most of the time predicting the future

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
It may or may not happen, but I don't think we have seen anything yet.

I believe we are in lull before the storm right now.

I don't think it will all hit right on June 13th. Some people will try stuff, find out the internet has information, so it could go on a month to all summer.

Then again I am wrong most of the time predicting the future
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm glad Congress decided to extend the coupon progam to 7/31/09. It'll give everyone a chance to order coupons after the transition who may have thought their TVs were ready but were not sure.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry i haven't been on here much in days guys, I work until late at night sometimes and have limited access to the computer sometimes.

lol
No prob at all Static, I've been on the road for much of the last 2 weeks which has left me little time for posting except during the evening hours.

Piggie

Super Moderator
There are several here from AVS. Which is a very well run forum. No over moderation like DLSR (that used to be a great site), and the unspoken creed is to help all comers. This place seems to have picked up the same.
I have to take back my comment, that AVS is not overmoderated.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Incredible posts today in the reception forum guys. wow.
There was a lull on Sunday, probably because of Dad's day...

Oh!! MY.... Happy belated Dad's Day to all dads!!

But today? good grief, I went 6.5 hours today constantly answering questions.

It's obvious I need a life!! :brick:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
There was a lull on Sunday, probably because of Dad's day...

Oh!! MY.... Happy belated Dad's Day to all dads!!

But today? good grief, I went 6.5 hours today constantly answering questions.

It's obvious I need a life!! :brick:
That's why you get the big bucks. Oh crud, we do this for free:cheers: