Patty Duke joins 'Glee' cast with Meredith Baxter as lesbian couple

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
The amazing Patty Duke will be guest starring in the season finale of the hit Fox TV series, Glee. Duke, who charmed the world as the child Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker theatrical movie and then years later also starred as Helen's teacher Annie Sullivan in a TV version of the film, has been both a favorite of fans and critics for decades.

View attachment 2300

In the episode, Duke stars as a sales lady who has been in a relationship with another woman for a quarter century. That character will be played by another highly successful actress, Meredith Baxter (Family, Family Ties). Reportedly, Duke's character, a jewelry store sales clerk, meets up Blaine (Darren Criss) as he shops for a ring in anticipation of popping the question with his same-sex partner, Kurt (Chris Colfer).

As for whether or not the Glee duo tie the knot or even actually do get engaged, reports say fans will have to wait for the next season premier to find out. Rumor also has it that Duke and Baxter may reoccur in the fifth season of the show as mentors to the Glee twosome.

Duke, who participates on Twitter, told fans, "I am so honored to be a part of the Glee family," adding later, "I had such a great time on Glee with @DarrenCriss and @chriscolfer and my dear Meredith."

The final episode of the year for Glee airs on Fox on May 9th. Last week, the show was renewed for two more years by the Fox Network.

G

Kurt is not Blaine's same-sex partner. Kurt is dating Adam. Even if it's off screen, that still is the case.

G

I'm a huge fan of Klaine and it looks as though these two soul mates will be reunited very soon, making way for a proposal, engagement, and a wedding! Chris and Darren are phenomenal talents, so I'm so excited to see them challenged and nurtured by such amazing actresses, who I'm sure will be real life mentors to them as much as the lesbian couple they are portraying will be mentors to Glee's most popular couple on the show! Glee can use some more uplifting story lines and friendships and romance; I hope we can see these ladies in New York next season so they can interact with Kurt and Blaine there, and hopefully Santana as well.

G

I'm very curious as to how this story will go. Ms. Duke is a great actress as is Ms. Baxter. And yes, the two boys aren't currently in a romantic relationship, so I wonder how they'll wrap that up.

G

Unregistered;bt789 said:
Kurt is not Blaine's same-sex partner. Kurt is dating Adam. Even if it's off screen, that still is the case.
Maybe currently, but it's kind of obvious that the show is going in the direction of getting Kurt and Blaine back together. Which is wonderful. :)