Paula Abdul judging a Dance Show?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I saw some previews for a new dance show, and Paula is yet again a judge on another show??!?!? I'm wondering how good this one will go. I am really not too big on all the other dancing shows, and Paula isn't exactly the best judge out there IMO.I may check out the season premiere but it doesn't look too promising to me.

n2rj

Staff member
Paula has experience though, both as a performer and as a dance choreographer. Besides, she provided balance to the other judges who might be either mean or simply bland and honest.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Paula has experience though, both as a performer and as a dance choreographer. Besides, she provided balance to the other judges who might be either mean or simply bland and honest.
She's actually a much better dancer than a singer, and if I remember right, didn't she choreograph Janet Jackson's first album? It's not the experience I am talking about though, but just how loopy and unprofessional she can be when judging.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I watched it and it was okay but it didn't hold my attention. To keep it different from Idol, there's none of that interaction and changing of votes (much). It's a silent, non-conferring vote that pops up as a colored star. Paula is a very talented choreographer; she really is, but you are right that her odd, loopy behavior on Idol actually hurt her reputation with the general public. Then she finally danced and almost fell. It will be interesting to see if she can regain her integrity here.