(PBS) `Star Gazer' host Jack Horkheimer dies

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
`Star Gazer' host Jack Horkheimer dies - Miami-Dade Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

From the article:

"Jack Horkheimer, Public Television's ``Star Gazer,'' died Friday afternoon of a respiratory ailment, according to a spokesman for the Miami Museum of Science and Space Transit Planetarium." ...

... "Horkheimer was best known as the creator, writer and host of public television's ``Star Gazer,'' the 30-year weekly TV series on naked eye astronomy. Seen on PBS stations nationwide, ``Star Gazer'' reached millions of people, helping create a love of the stars for several generations of enthusiasts.'' ...
--------------------
On a personal note, I watched Jack hundreds of times over his 30 years as 'The Stargazer' and I will miss him a lot. Hopefully, he now has perfect vision of the entire universe and it's his playground.
Jim

Last edited:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
PBS Stargazer Show update

I wanted to update the thread about the PBS Show Stargazer.

Since Jack Horkheimer passed into the heavens, there is a new host for Stargazer: Chris Trigg.

Although the Stargazer website has not yet been fully updated to include his biography, text from past and current weekly 5 minute and 1 minute versions of the shows as well as future shows thru New Years 2011 are available here: JH Star Gazer #1040 10/4/2010 thru 10/10/2010

There is some additional information about the new host posted here: Jack Horkheimer: Star Gazer | Facebook

Last edited: