PC Perspective site doing 3 part write-up on cord cutting & HTPC builds

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Here is my favorite paragraph from the whole thing:

My experience: You’d be amazed at how shocked your provider will be when you tell them you want to drop television service. Their first question will be, “Can I ask who you will be moving to?” When you tell them “No one, we are getting an antenna.” you’ll hear silence for 30 seconds while representative tries to figure out what to say since there’s no option for that on their script. In my case, the woman asked me three times to explain what I was doing because she couldn’t even comprehend someone living without cable or satellite television.
What? You can do without ESPN and the regional sports networks? Let's face it, those are the only things that pay-TV has left. Everything else is available some other way, even legally. No torrents needed!

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Here is my favorite paragraph from the whole thing:

What? You can do without ESPN and the regional sports networks? Let's face it, those are the only things that pay-TV has left. Everything else is available some other way, even legally. No torrents needed!
I had a guy come to the door last year trying to sell Comcast and "save me some money on TV, internet, and phone". I told him if he could beat my monthly price, I would switch providers. I laid it out for him:

• 38 channels of TV over antenna ($ free, and more free channels with Roku)
  • internet from WISP ($ 45) and
  • unlimited nationwide phone on Magic Jack ($ 2).

He hung his head and walked away when he realized that he couldn't beat my $47 "Triple Play".

Best. Day. Ever.

Last edited: