Philco and Heat Issues

DigiTV

DTVUSA Rookie
Anybody have problems with the philco converter box getting hot?

Bought mine last week, and I hate the fact that the remote is not programmable for any TVs. I get pretty good reception, but the box gets hot!

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
CECBs are NOT ALLOWED to have universal remotes - they must control the converter box, and the converter box ONLY. No exceptions!

Maybe when the coupon program is over, is when we'll see universal remotes with codes for DTV tuners. However, I doubt cable and satellite companies will allow manufacturers to produce them without any trouble.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Anybody have problems with the philco converter box getting hot?

Bought mine last week, and I hate the fact that the remote is not programmable for any TVs. I get pretty good reception, but the box gets hot!
The Philco is known for running warm, but not really hot. Is yours in a ventilated location?

CECBs are NOT ALLOWED to have universal remotes - they must control the converter box, and the converter box ONLY. No exceptions!

Maybe when the coupon program is over, is when we'll see universal remotes with codes for DTV tuners. However, I doubt cable and satellite companies will allow manufacturers to produce them without any trouble.
The Insignia NS-DXA1-APT DTV converter is one of the few CECBs that can control TV on/off and volume.