Question: Pick one

As much as I love Netflix, I would probably choose Amazon. For prime members, they have a lot of the same shows for free, but they also have the option to rent the options that aren't available for free. When I get the urge to watch something specific, I like the idea of being able to rent it.

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
For me it would come down to a tough choice between Netflix and YouTube. Both are a treasure trove that I will likely never exhaust. I think if I could only have one I would choose NetFlix, but I would miss YouTube's offbeat collection of clips, music videos, and home movies.

I watch Youtube all the time so I would have to make that my choice. With Youtube I can watch all types of videos. I like to see people covering songs of various artists and it can entertain me for hours at a time. The only other choice I know about is Netflix and it doesn't interest me all that much.

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Right now, I'd have to pick Hulu, because my broadcast reception is horrible and I depend on Hulu for current shows. Plus it has enough of a back catalog that I could survive for a while. But if I did not have this problem, I'd definitely change my pick because I think Hulu has the most technical problems and is mismanaged. (My second choice would probably be Netflix.)

But i really hope I never have to pick, because I'd go crazy.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have to say Netflix, but my husband does both netflix and youtube. But he watches youtube for like simi crashes and car crashes... Basically crashes, for anything that can crash. LOL

I would definitely choose Netflix. That being said, I think that they need to up their game with all these other competitors up and coming. Internet TV is moving at a very fast pace so lots of change is necessary in order to keep up.

I would definitely choose Netflix. That being said, I think that they need to up their game with all these other competitors up and coming. Internet TV is moving at a very fast pace so lots of change is necessary in order to keep up.
Very true- they have some really good stuff... But just not enough to combat with some of the other options that are out there. They ened to start upping their game or they are going to get left behind.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
What exactly would they need to change? I mean all internet TV competitors seem to be doing all the same thing. As in, streaming tv. Or do you mean, they need to up their content?

MMkaho

DTVUSA Member
Sounds to me like hes saying they need to up their content, not sure exactly how long after a new episode airs on regular cable/dish most streaming services make it available but would be nice to be in less time

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
I think I'd go with YouTube, streaming thingies can be replaced by TV, DVDs and theaters when it comes to films or series. But there are no cat videos and vloggerd there. I'm for yt's freedom

Amazon Prime Instant Video. We have the same taste in TV. Seriously, their 'exclusives' are some of my favorite series ever (Justified, NYPD Blue). I know there's a lot of overlap with Netflix's catalogue but because of what you can only get on Amazon Prime, I would have to pick them (and I'd get most of the Netflix stuff too!). Plus they put new stuff up for Prime way quicker than Netflix.

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
Well I'd be all for Netflix... Why? Because I still haven't watched House of Cards!!! I simply can't find time to get started, but it is like top of my list, top priority... So yeah, Netflix, you win.

What exactly would they need to change? I mean all internet TV competitors seem to be doing all the same thing. As in, streaming tv. Or do you mean, they need to up their content?
I mean the next new thing is everyone making their own original content, yeah. Netflix is definitely dominating there with HoC and OITNB, but Amazon is coming up with their own shows too. I can't remember if it's called Alphas or Betas.

But in addition to that, Netflix is available on phones via 3G whereas Amazon isn't.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I mean the next new thing is everyone making their own original content, yeah. Netflix is definitely dominating there with HoC and OITNB, but Amazon is coming up with their own shows too. I can't remember if it's called Alphas or Betas.

But in addition to that, Netflix is available on phones via 3G whereas Amazon isn't.
Oh I see. The show that amazon has now, actually sounds really cool. Just the title anyways. I would actually have to look it up to see if I would even watch it.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I'd pick YouTube. Clearly not for watching shows, but when I need to find something, like an old clip of something or something for school, I find YouTube invaluable. So I'd pick YouTube not so much because I prefer it, but I'd prefer not to go without it.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I'd pick YouTube. Clearly not for watching shows, but when I need to find something, like an old clip of something or something for school, I find YouTube invaluable. So I'd pick YouTube not so much because I prefer it, but I'd prefer not to go without it.

I used to only use youtube for music. If I had my cousin/friend over, we would literally have youtube on for hours and play nothing but song after song that we could think of. I remember we actually spent one whole weekend glued to youtube with music stuff. Now I do kind of miss those days. But not so much. Because now that I look at it, I never got anything done! If that were to happen now it would just make me insane with aggravation.