Picture-In-Picture with DTA Adapter

bicker

DTVUSA Member
No. PIP relies on usage of the tuner inside the television. With DTA's only one channel is available to the tuner inside the television (either Channel 3 or Channel 4, holding only the one channel that the DTA is tuned to).

No. PIP relies on usage of the tuner inside the television. With DTA's only one channel is available to the tuner inside the television (either Channel 3 or Channel 4, holding only the one channel that the DTA is tuned to).
This scenario would not be very logical, but he could actually connect a separate converter box to a second input on his television and point his PIP to it, right? Again, not very logical, but it could work.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
This scenario would not be very logical, but he could actually connect a separate converter box to a second input on his television and point his PIP to it, right? Again, not very logical, but it could work.
You are correct. The TV set needs two (2) signals input for the PIP to work.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Most televisions I have had that support PIP don't support it through multiple inputs coming in from the back of the set, but rather only via a split within the device itself. YMMV.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Most televisions I have had that support PIP don't support it through multiple inputs coming in from the back of the set, but rather only via a split within the device itself. YMMV.
Unless things have changed you can control the PIP to use either of internal tuners or inputs such as VCR, DVD or CECB. Things may have changed and I might be wrong? But I'm pretty sure you can still do it.