Please see if my antenna set-up is sufficient

grandmajo

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hi,

I currently have an antenna tower probably about 40 or 50ft high. It has a UHF antenna mounted on top and below that is a VHF antenna. There is also a signal combiner box and a rotor. (The box inside inside the house says CDE Antenna Rotor, and it is the old "turn the dial type.) There is a Radio Shack high gain signal amplifier (15-2007) also mounted under the antenna.

I'm thinking that I'd like to update the rotor, and get one that has the digital tuning, as it's a real pain to try and get things tuned in for the digital channels. But I'm wonder if the antenna set-up that I have is sufficient, or if I need to look at updating that as well?

If need be, I can take a picture of the antenna and post it, if that would help.

Hi,

I currently have an antenna tower probably about 40 or 50ft high. It has a UHF antenna mounted on top and below that is a VHF antenna. There is also a signal combiner box and a rotor. (The box inside inside the house says CDE Antenna Rotor, and it is the old "turn the dial type.) There is a Radio Shack high gain signal amplifier (15-2007) also mounted under the antenna.

I'm thinking that I'd like to update the rotor, and get one that has the digital tuning, as it's a real pain to try and get things tuned in for the digital channels. But I'm wonder if the antenna set-up that I have is sufficient, or if I need to look at updating that as well?

If need be, I can take a picture of the antenna and post it, if that would help.
that would help